This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringingInnovation #CollectiveBias
We’ve been on this journey of living greener and more natural for a just about three years now. What kick started it was Andrew’s diagnosis of high blood pressure. We started watching what we ate and tried to eliminate a lot of the processed foods we were consuming. Then, it went spiraling as Skibbles was born and we really started looking into everything. Now, as time goes on we try to make more and more little changes as we can and as time and money allow us too. We often get asked from friends and family what they can do to start living a greener life, so we’ve compiled this list of 10 Ways to Start Your Spring Greener. You can start to implement all ten or you can just pick one, but anything that you do will not only be beneficial to your life, but the environment around you as well.
- Pick one health or beauty item to buy more naturally.
- Examples would be: Toothpaste, body wash, deodorant, lotion
- Start recycling.
- If you already recycle – pick something to start buying in bulk to reduce the amount of packaging you are recycling
- Start using reusable bags for all your shopping.
- Plan to shop from local farmers markets this season.
- Shopping local helps the environment by reducing emissions from farm to table, while also supporting the local economy
- Pick 3 foods to start only buying organic
- From bread, to salad dressing, to only buying organic fruit that falls under the Dirty Dozen list, just make a few changes as you can
- Plant something. You don’t have to a huge garden or you can if you want. Plant an herb or even a tree or flower.
- Pick one cleaner to start making yourself.
- Make your own cleaning spray or laundry detergent, floor cleaner, etc. Most of the time it’s very cost efficient to do this also.
- Turn your thermostat down 1-2 degrees.
- You save energy but you also save on your bill! It’s likely that you won’t even notice a difference either.
- Start using your own water bottle or coffee mug to fill up
- Some stores will even offer a discount if you use your own cup so it could be a great way to save a bit if you can
- Start using Energizer EcoAdvanced Batteries
- This is an awesome new product! It’s the very first battery on the market that uses recycled batteries and materials and makes it Energizer’s longest lasting alkaline ever. It can amazingly hold up to 12 years in storage.
Energizer wants you to feel great about their Guilt Free Energy savings with their new EcoAdvanced Batteries by heading over there to enter to win $1,000 in Gift Cards! Good luck!
GuiltFreeEnergy Giveaway – $1,000 in Gift Cards
What ways to you live green? Leave a comment below letting us know!