What an insanely intense year for us. We are officially back in the office and ready to put 2016 behind us. It was a tough year for many, including us. I was diagnosed with postpartum depression and anxiety and it led to a lot of time away from working throughout the year. It also led to our decision for me to undergo a tubal ligation with complete removal of tubes. You can read our #RoadtoTubalat30 series here. Luckily, everything is under control and we are living a much happier life. I’ll continue throughout 2017 to share our thoughts and experiences around postpartum life.
Even though it was a really rough year, we of course have some amazing things that we are still celebrating that happened in 2016. This was the second year of us working to monetize our site and we increased our income by 19% over 2015 (YAY!). It was also our first full year of Andrew working on the blog side by side me and we couldn’t be happier with how we’ve grown since he’s been helping. We’re also celebrating YOU! We couldn’t reach our goals without each of you reading, sharing, and commenting. I’m so incredibly grateful for each and every one of you.
Some of our magical moments from 2016 include:
- We launched our first E-Book!
- We attended a paid for vacation to Hersheypark (Thanks to Pepsi)
- We were interviewed by The Today Show and featured in a segment
- We launched a kids YouTube channel – The Seasoned Kids
Here’s our Top 10 Best of 2016 posts:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Chocolate Cake
- Homemade Chicken Meatballs
- No Bake Lactation Protein Bars
- The Truth of Going from 1 to 2 Kids
- Baked Taco Casserole
- Don’t Stress, Live Prepared Emergency Kits
- 3 Tips for Potty Learning
- Medical Professionals – Stop Ruining Breastfeeding Relationships
- I Don’t Want My Daughters to Loose Their Father
Here’s to 2017 memories and excitement! We can’t wait to continue on this incredible journey with each of you!