5 at home date night ideas
Once you have children it can be hard to find time for yourself, let alone your relationship. It can be hard or near impossible to arrange a date night. You may not have anyone to watch your children, you can’t afford it, or you are just too tired to leave the house. I am here to tell you to take your love life off of the back burner and put it in the oven and turn the heat up. Below is a list of at home date night ideas to show the love while spending little to no money.
1. Movie Nights- Once a week or month whatever you can make work for you as a couple. Pick a movie, make snacks, snuggle up on the couch, and most importantly put the electronics away. (Two hours without a phone or computer will not kill you) Switch up the genre each time; take turns in the drivers’ seat. (Variety and change can be fun and if neither of you like it, laugh about it later) We bought a book that recommends 1000 movies you need to see before you die; it is separated into different genres. We like to go through and pick random movies neither of us has seen. You don’t need to buy the book, Google is just as good.
2. Spa Night- Enjoy a Bubble Bath, give each other a back, foot, neck rub, listen to soothing music and enjoy some wine or champagne. (You both work hard whether it be in or out of the house- unplug and unwind, you will thank me later)
3. Sports Night! Hubby will LOVE this one. Did you go to the same college or different colleges? No college, what about Professional sports teams (there are sports for every season I am sure there is one you can agree on) Wear your team colors, if you like different teams try to find a game where they play each other. This can make for a fun competitive night. Men love when you show enthusiasm in something they like (lets face it they do it for us pretty often). Place a bet on the team you think will win (winning team gets a massage, makes dinner, baths the kids) Make sports food snacks: chips, hot dogs, burgers, beer. You can make it extra fun if you score tickets and go to the game.
4. Game Night- This is one of our favorites. I think I might be a little competitive. Pull out some old board games, set it up in bed, play some music that was popular when you and hubby first met. It makes you feel like a young carefree couple again. Again you can put some wagers on the win. Perfect game time snacks (cheese, crackers, popcorn, wine)
5. Cook Together (okay so this might have to happen later than normal dinner time once the kids are asleep but I swear it will be worth it) Google a fancy recipe (something you wouldn’t serve the kids- mostly because they wouldn’t eat it and it would be too expensive to waste) Work together, show each other your inner chef. Share a bottle of wine, micro brews, or make some fancy cocktails) Sometimes we pretend we are on a competitive cooking show. Not only will you have fun but you will reward yourself with a delicious meal.
These are just a few fun at home date night ideas that can bring the spark back into your relationship. Write these ideas or others on a Popsicle stick, keep them in a jar and pull on out at least once a month and spend some quality time together. You deserve it and afterwards you will notice the difference.
Looking for a simple way to bring you and hubby closer each night? Turn off your phone after the kids are asleep, turn on a favorite TV show and snuggle on the couch. JT and I do this each night after we put the boys to bed, and it a definite mood changer. It’s not one of our at home date night ideas, but it is our time to relax and show our love for each other not just as mom and dad but as a couple.
Welcome to Time for Mom!
Every week each of the co-hosts picks a blogger to feature from the week before! Check out our picks from last week’s link up!
Thanks for linking up! By linking up with us you are opting in to our weekly email reminder for this hop and giving us permission to use an image from your blog if chosen for our weekly featured posts. We will always link back to your post when we use your image when we feature you!