Kale chips. You really have to try this recipe. Now, I am not saying this is going to replace your favorite bag of chips! I’m not even saying these are going to be an option to eat after you have your favorite bag of chips sitting on the counter staring you in the face.
All I am saying is…to be chewing on crunchy leafs, deez chips is good! Yea I said it. Is good. You read that right! IS GOOD!!! So good your grammar teacher will hold off on correcting you after they munch on these leaves right herre!
I’m back, preaching yet another vegan edible for all you carnivores out there! I truly never thought I’d ever be this guy. But, Hey, girl, Hey!
I should title this series…..
Andrew’s Vegan Chronicles Or Andrew takes Carnivores to Vegan Church (And it ain’t even a Sunday!) Naw, but seriously, you need to make these kale chips right now.
Let me rewind a bit. Literally, this snack happened by mistake. It started with Larisha sending me to the grocery store! WHICH IS A MISTAKE! She knows I haven’t a clue where anything is at the store. She does all the shopping! So, I went for her, because I love her and what not and I try to do my best to make her happy. I brought home what I thought was spinach…. why the hell would Aldi put the damn kale bags so close to the spinach bags?! Don’t they know, I’m new to this healthy eating stuff!?
I KNOW WHY!
So some poor sole brings home the wrong thing, this way his woman can stare at him in disgust like “I can’t send this man no where”! (I still love you Aldi, and hopefully she still loves me).
But guess what????
When life gives you spinach (that is actually kale?!), YOU MAKE KALE CHIPS!
BOOM! Umma bad mama jama.
Here’s the recipe!
- 3 cups chopped kale (we buy pre-cut kale)
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Freshly cracked black pepper and pink salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash and dry kale.
- Remove any stems that may remain.
- Mix together the oil and kale until well coated.
- Sprinkle on cracked black pepper and pink salt.
- Spread kale out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, turn the pan around, and bake for another 12 mins.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. (DON'T SKIP THIS STEP!)
- Store leftovers in an air tight container.
Here’s some products you may need: