Pancakes are one of my top favorite breakfast meals. Growing up my mom only used boxed mix, so it wasn’t until I started making my own from scratch pancake recipe that I really knew what I had been missing out on previously. Luckily, over the years, I’ve worked to perfect my pancake recipe to perfection and now I get to play around with them. With today being National Blueberry Pancake Day, I thought what better than to share this incredible Blueberry Cheesecake Pancake Recipe with you.
Hold on. I know what you may be thinking if you are new here. Did I just say a cheesecake pancake recipe? Why yes, yes I did.
A few years ago Andrew tried out cheesecake pancakes at IHOP and asked me to please figure out how to make my own cheesecake recipe with pancakes. So, I did. Since then, we’ve made both strawberry cheesecake pancakes and pumpkin cheesecake pancakes. So it was time to turn my love of cheesecake and blueberries into an amazing pancake recipe and that’s what I’m sharing here with you. Don’t think this is hard, it can be incredibly easy.
We actually went a little overboard with this pancake recipe. Typically, when we make cheesecake pancakes, we just buy a store bought frozen one; however, I’ve been having a hard time finding one in the store that didn’t have a sour cream topping. We’ve tried this before and we didn’t care for the taste in our pancake recipe, so I was left with only one option — make the cheesecake myself. I’ve only made no bake cheesecakes before so I was super nervous! Luckily, our cheesecake recipe worked like a charm and it was the perfect cheesecake! And tasted so much better in our pancake recipe than any store bought one!
We hope you try this out for yourself and love it as much as we do!
- 1 1/4 cups Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (organic/grass fed preferred)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake
- Homemade Whipping Topping Recipe
- Homemade Blueberry Syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Place oven safe dish inside to hold finished pancakes.
- In a smaller bowl, add the 2 eggs whites. Beat with a whisk until stiff peaks form (5-7 minutes). In a large bowl combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix lightly to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and coconut oil to the mixture and stir just until combined. Add in the stiff egg whites and fold into mixture. *Do Not over mix in egg whites. Fold in chopped cheesecake and blueberries.
- Heat a medium skillet with some coconut oil over medium low heat. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of pancake batter at a time to your skillet. Wait until bubbles begin to form, then flip. Cook another 2-3 minutes and remove to warmed plate in oven. Repeat until you have no more pancake batter left. Top with Homemade Whipped Topping and Blueberry Syrup! Eat and enjoy.
What type of cheesecake pancake recipe do you think we should try next? Comment below to let us know!