WATCH US MAKE THIS BROCCOLI AND CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN VIA PERISCOPE.
I remember the first time I had a stuffed chicken breast. I know, I know. What’s the big deal? It may not seem like a big deal, but when you grow up in a house with frozen dinners and Chef Boyardee pizza, stuffed chicken is a pretty big deal!! Now granted, the first time I had broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken, it came frozen in a box and just needed reheating. Still…it was delicious. I remember in college buying it frozen in a box often. Fast forward to now and we love making it from scratch.
In all honesty, it’s something I forget to make most of the time, but we devour it every time that I do remember. Seasoned chicken breast with just a hint of spice, tender bits of steamed broccoli, four different cheeses….yes, FOUR!…and all over a grill. Yum!! You really can’t ask for a better meal.
In the summertime, when we don’t like to eat a ton of food, this serves as our entire meal. No sides. Just delicious broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken. Both the girls gobble it up which I naturally love since they are getting a healthy source of so many great things – protein, dairy, and vegetables. Skibbles, our toddler, loves mixing up the broccoli and cheeses together together. It’s a simple task for her to help and feel involved with the cooking process.
I typically would just bake this in the past but this year I decided to try it out on the grill. Life changing y’all. It was so delicious. Andrew is obsessed with all things grilled, so when I made this, already one of his favorites, on the grill, his mind was blown.
Making homemade broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken isn’t even as long as you may think either. Check out our video of us making it and then grab the recipe for yourself.
- 4 chicken breasts
- Chicken Rub Recipe
- 1 head of broccoli florets, steamed
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill.
- Place chicken breasts into a ziploc bag and pound to 1/2 inch thick.
- Remove chicken from bag and liberally season each side with chicken rub.
- In a small bowl mix together broccoli and all four cheeses until well combined.
- Place a 1/4 of the mixture on one end of chicken breast and roll up, securing with toothpicks.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Cook on grill for 5-7 minutes. Then flip.
- Cook other side for an additional 5-7 minutes or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Remove from grill and serve.
**Tip: Soak toothpicks in water for at least 5 minutes so they don’t catch on fire in the grill.
We hope you enjoy!