We know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially when we have school-age children, yet we struggle getting a quality, wholesome meal on the table in the morning more often than not. This brown sugar banana oatmeal recipe proves though that you can have easy, delicious, quick, AND filling, all in one bowl.
Skibbles LOVES oatmeal. No lie, she asks for it two to three times a day. I think if I let her, she would eat it for every meal. I can’t say I mind too much though because it’s so simple to make. So simple that she can even make it on her own for the most part. At only 3.5 years old, she can measure out the oatmeal and milk, add in the brown sugar and cinnamon, and mash the banana. The only thing she needs help with is on the stove or pulling the hot bowl out of the microwave depending on how we make it.
Giving she can do all of that, not only is this brown sugar banana oatmeal recipe the perfect wholesome breakfast for back-to-school season, but it’s an amazing recipe to get kids into the kitchen and get them practicing independence and choosing healthy options.
What I love about making oatmeal recipes for breakfast too is that the possibilities are really endless. Skibbles has added blueberries, even kiwi, to this recipe and I love letting her explore creativity in the kitchen, even if it may seem a little odd to me.
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add in milk, over medium heat, until just starting to boil.
- Add the oats.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add milk and oats to a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove.
- Add in the mashed banana, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir until combined
As with all our recipes, we truly hope you enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- 3 Easy Back to School Breakfast Ideas // Momma Lew
- Homemade French Toast Sticks // Finding Zest
- Brown Sugar Banana Oatmeal Recipe // We’re Parents
- Microwave Omelette To Go Recipe // Eating Richly
- 10 Quick and Easy Back-to-School Breakfast Ideas // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches // Vegging at the Shore
- Healthy Zucchini Cookies // O’Boy! Organic
- Fresh Rice Krispies Treats Lunch Box Notes // My Mini Adventurer