They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Since meeting Larisha, I’ve learned the way to a woman’s heart is by anything sweet. Since having kids, I’ve learned it’s anything sweet and time for herself. With Mother’s Day right around the corner I wanted to show other dads an amazingly sweet dessert that will not only impress the Misses but have her wondering where in the world you bought this from. For an added sweet touch, make this with your kiddo and mama will get all sweet and mushy. Well, until we do something to land us in the dog house again.
One of Larisha’s favorite sweet treats is cheesecake and I decided this year to try my hand at it. I’ve seen her make it a ton of times and my baking skills are pretty on point (see my sweet potato pie recipe here), so I was confident that Skibbles, our toddler, and I could do this together.
I decided to make a brownie bottom raspberry cheesecake and it turned out beautiful. A layer of decadent dense, almost fudge like brownie with sprinkles of chocolate chips underneath an airy and sweet layer of raspberry cheesecake — what!? Man, stop playing with me right now. This is the bomb.
The only way to make this better fellas is to let her eat it alone while she takes a hot, uninterrupted bath. Don’t forget her glass of wine!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Fruit Punch Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes that Kids Can Make For Mom // Momma Lew
- Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizza // Baby Loving Mama
- Brownie Bottom Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe // We’re Parents
- Healthy Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pear Arugula Panini // Vegging at the Shore
- Double Chocolate Waffles with Berry Sauce // O’Boy! Organic
- Berry Lemon Popsicles // Can’t Google Everything