This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
No matter if you work from home or work outside the home, when it comes to dinner time, none of us really feel like standing for hours over a stove in order to get dinner on the table. What we do all care about though is providing our families with delicious, healthy, and warm meals, especially when it’s cold outside. During the summer, I’m the first to serve up a salad with grilled chicken or boiled eggs, but during the winter, I really feel obligated to giving our family something that is going to warm them up inside.
I’m hear to tell you that yes, you can, provide a delicious and extremely healthy meal for your family without spending hours in the kitchen and honestly, without breaking the bank either! Both of these are extremely important to us, and I know you care about it too. Making dinner shouldn’t be stressful and that’s why we are giving you this simple spicy veggie pizza recipe to make for your family!
We headed over to our local Wal-mart and found inspiration for this simple recipe by checking out the bakery and fresh produce sections. I found garlic Naan bread and I knew it would make amazingly fast pizzas when the directions on the back said just 3-5 minutes to heat. Yes, please! I grabbed a can of RO*TEL for a little spicy kick and we were in business for a simple, yet healthy meal that will warm us up in the winter, but truly be good year round! Andrew even said this spicy veggie pizza was one of the best pizzas I’ve made! (that’s a huge compliment if you don’t know!)
One of my most favorite parts about this recipe is that it is literally infused with flavors. The peppers and mushrooms are cooked in the RO*TEL juice and then the sauce for the pizza is pureed RO*TEL. YUM, YUM YUM!
Before we get to the recipe, I want to share with you something that I love to do in the kitchen with my girl. We recycle empty spice containers to make our own seasoning blends and rubs. To make sure that our homemade blends stand out, I grab some Washi tape and tape around so that I can easily spot them in our spice cabinet. My girl loves taping things, so it’s a cute little activity for us too. I love making our own blends because I know exactly what is going in there.
- 1 can RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Chilis
- 1 cup mixed peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp taco seasoning (see below)
- 1/4 cup Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Cubed avocado (as much as desired)
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 package Garlic Naan Bread
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain the juice from the RO*TEL can into a separate bowl.
- In a small skillet, over medium low, add the reserved juice, peppers, mushrooms, and taco seasoning.
- Cook, stir occasionally, for 5-7 minutes.
- While that's cooking, in a blender, pulse the RO*TEL until it is pureed.
- On each of the naan breads, spoon 2-3 tbsp RO*TEL puree across.
- Remove pepper mixture from heat and evenly divide between the two pizzas.
- Divide cheese between the two pizzas.
- Bake in oven 4-5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and top with desired amount of avocado chunks and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Want even more inspiration for easy and delicious meals? Check out the Yes, You Can Recipes Here!