Cut up a medium red onion. I prefer the sweet taste of red onions with this.
Add onion, chicken broth and our own sweet and sour sauce recipe to the pot. Cover and let cook for 8-10 hours on low or 5 hours on high.
30 minutes before you are ready to eat add chopped green pepper and pineapple.
Remove pork loin from crockpot
Slice into 1/2 in thick slices (or whatever size you prefer).
I served this sweet and savory slow cooker pork loin with rice and corn, but think next time mashed potatoes would have definitely been a better side! 🙂
- 3 1/2 lb pork loin (I would say up to 6 lbs would be fine for this meal, but I chose smaller because it's just two of us eating)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Recipe for Sweet & Sour sauce (see link in post above)
- 1 14.5 oz can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 20 oz can cubed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- Salt and Black pepper, to taste
- Place pork loin into a greased crock pot.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped red onion, chicken broth, and sweet and sour sauce to the pot.
- Cover and let cook for 5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- Thirty (30) minutes before ready to eat, add chopped green pepper and pineapple.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove pork loin from crockpot and cut into 1/2inch slices. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
You may also like our Slow Cooker BBQ Parmesan Pork Loin recipe!