A few weeks back we made a Caramel Banana Ice Cream. It was heaven. H-E-A-V-E-N!
Problem – Ice cream actually takes a pretty long time to make.
While I prefer making as much as I can from scratch so I can control our ingredients, I really don’t like things that take a lot of time. I mean, really, do any of us? There’s the whole instant gratification part of us, but also there’s the whole, I have a bajillion other things to be doing. Waiting almost 24 hours for ice cream, isn’t really what I want to be doing. And lastly, trying to explain to a toddler that we are making ice cream but it won’t be ready until tomorrow, is just setting yourself up for a huge meltdown. And ain’t nobody got time for that.
I need something for those hot summer days that we come inside and can instantly have something within a few minutes to cool us off. While we typically have ice pops on hand, sometimes we forget to make more before we run out. I mean I am human! HAHA.
So, for this week’s Mini Chef Mondays post we headed into the kitchen together to make banana ice cream from bananas. We almost always have frozen bananas in the freezer so it’s a quick and easy one to throw together. You can flavor the bananas with almost anything or just each the whipped bananas by themselves. We decided to mix in some peanut butter and chocolate to make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream.
Throw the three ingredients into a blender and bam, instant ice cream in under 5 minutes. You can serve right away or throw in the freezer for later if you want. Skibbles loved it and so did the baby and I. We hope you enjoy it too!
- 4 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- Set out bananas for 15 minutes before making to soften up a bit.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined.
- *If you don't have a blender, a food processor will also work.
- *If you are having trouble getting it to blend, add a splash of milk slowly until it starts blending
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Sundae Fundays Mini Chef Mondays // Courtney’s Sweets
- 6 Reasons to Take Your Kids to a Pick Your Own Farm // Momma Lew
- Patriotic Potato Chip Candy // Finding Zest
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Recipe // We’re Parents
- The Best Finger Foods For Baby // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Cooking with Kids: 5 Must Make Summer Treats // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Vegetarian Crockpot Baked Beans // Vegging at the Shore
- Real Fruit Healthy Slushies // O’Boy! Organic
- Homemade Tuscan Style Pizza // My Mini Adventurer