Mix BBQ sauce, honey, dried basil, garlic powder, sodium alternative, and olive oil in a bowl. Mix until combined well.
Rub entire mixture over loin. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Remove carefully from slow cooker.
- 1 (1 3/4lb) pork tenderloin (*Note this is enough rub for a 3lb loin, but we just can't eat that much)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce recipe
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove excess fat from tenderloin if desired.
- Place loin in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix bbq sauce, cheese, honey, basil, garlic, olive oil, and salt until well combined.
- Pour entire mixture over top of the loin, cover, and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- Internal temperature should be 165 degrees when finished.
- **Note if you use a full 2-3lb loin instead of the smaller cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
**If you would like to make a gravy with the juice, mix one cup of juice with one tablespoon flour. Whisk in pot on medium heat until desired thickness is reached. If it’s too thick, add more juice. Too thin, add 1/2 teaspoon more flour at a time until desired thickness is reached.
Have leftovers? Here’s a recipe to make pork fajitas for dinner tomorrow.