This Cheesy Corn Pizza with Bacon and Scallions post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Summertime is right around the corner. (YAYYY!!!) You can almost taste the salt in the air as we get closer to being able to take beach trips. We had a few days of summer-like weather last week and I must admit that we were so excited. The kids happily ran around and played in the hose and at the playground everyday. The girls were excited to plant seeds for new flowers all over the flower beds and start working in our vegetable garden. We love being able to play outside all day, swim in the pool, and of course, cookouts! We love hosting and being invited to cookouts and BBQs. Grilled burgers, fresh fruit, potato salad, and of course, sweet, juicy corn on the cob.
What if I told you that you didn’t have to wait until summer to taste that sweet, juicy, corn on the cob? hat you could get it right now.Say whatt!? It’s true! I couldn’t believe it myself. I’ll admit that I have never even tried to buy corn “out of season”, so when I learned that there’s no “out of season” time to grab it in the store, I was super excited. Sunshine Sweet Corn, grown in Florida, is available right now without having to wait until it’s really summer! Thank you Florida!
We visited the website and were instantly drawn to the Cheesy Corn Pizza with Bacon & Scallions. Cheese + Corn + Bacon…Yes, Please! I was a little skeptical because there’s no actual sauce on here, but the juiciness from the corn gives it the impression that there is one. Sunshine Sweet Corn is non-GMO, tender, and your best guarantee for delicious, sweet corn in April and May.
With fresh mozzarella, corn, and scallions, alongside freshly crumbled bacon and homemade pizza dough, you will be left feeling like you are already in the midst of summertime. We highly recommend trying this Cheesy Corn Pizza with bacon and scallions!
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough (we used our homemade dough recipe and swapped regular for whole wheat flour)
- 1-1/4 cups Sunshine Sweet corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make dough according to directions or packaging.
- In a blender or food processor combine corn, parmesan cheese, salt, 1 tablespoon of the oil and half of the garlic; blend until almost smooth.
- In a small bowl combine remaining oil and garlic.
- Heat oven to 400⁰F; adjust rack to lower third of the oven.
- Brush a large baking sheet or pizza pan with a little of the garlic oil.
- Press the dough into a large flat disk or square and place on the prepared pan.
- Press the dough out to an even thickness leaving a lip around the border.
- Brush dough all over with the garlic oil.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with corn mixture, mozzarella, bacon, scallions and pepper.
- Return to oven and bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Sunshine Sweet Corn
Sunshine Sweet Corn is on sale now! Visit your local Grocer to buy some today. We’ve seen some in four different grocery stores we were in, including Wal-mart. Now that I know I can buy it anytime, we’ve definitely already added some meals to our meal plan in the upcoming weeks. I’m personally looking forward to trying the Sweet Corn, Tomato and Avocado salsa the Sunshine Sweet Corn website.
You may be interested in these products: