**Note: If you are truly concerned about your milk production, please reach out to an IBCLC and/or your local La Leche League. You can also read our post about Lactation Boosting Foods to increase your milk supply.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp flax seed (up to 2 tbsp if you are really looking to boost milk production)
- 2 tablespoon 100% cacao powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups ice
- Toppings, optional: Whipped Cream, powdered chocolate, sliced bananas
- In a blender, add the oats and give it a quick pulse or two. Add remaining ingredients, except ice, and blend until well combined. Add 2 cups of ice until well blended. Enjoy with a thick straw or a spoon!
- I prefer to do a few quick pulses of just the oats and flax seed in the blender before the rest of the ingredients so my smoothie isn’t “grainy”. Then I add the remaining ingredients, except ice, and blend thoroughly. Lastly, I add the ice and finish blending. I find it easier to do it this way.
- I’ve used both quick oats and old fashioned oats successfully with this recipe.
- I’ve made it with both fresh and frozen bananas. Both are great. You may need to add a bit more ice with a fresh banana to make it as thick.
- 100% Cacao is slightly bitter since there are no sweeteners. If you are looking for a sweeter taste, add 1/2 to 1 full tablespoon of raw honey.
- Subbing milk for coconut or almond milk, or even water is always an options, though the taste will be different.