Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Comcast Xfinity in partnership with Philly Mag Design Home.
We focus here a lot on make small changes to make your life healthier. It’s the premise of our semicrunchyish life. Whether that’s making more of your own food or switching out your paper towels for reusable cloth towels. We believe that make these small changes, slowly will lead to a better and happier life. On the other side, we discuss how to make your life easier. We know that making more of your own food isn’t always time effective, so we need to make that time up in other ways.
Luckily, Comcast is giving us some of that time back.
We were recently invited by Comcast to come see the 2017 Philly Mag Design Home in Wynnewood, PA and learn how to integrate Comcast’s upgraded and new services into creating the ultimate smart home. I learned about so much about the products I currently have (that I didn’t know I could do). Additionally, I learned about new and upgraded products Comcast is coming out with.
Creating the Ultimate Smart Home with Comcast
With Video (TV)
- Most of us have TV service through Comcast and we know how it works. What I was amazed about was the app integration.
- With the Xfinity Stream App you can:
- Stream any channel you subscribe too on devices inside your home
- Stream up to 200 channels outside the home (only ones you’re subscribed too) by using hotspots
- With the X1 platform – you can download up to 10 movies to each device and then not have to worry about WiFi
- You can set age restrictions
- The Last button now shows the last 9 channels instead of going to the last channel
- Hitting the Xfinity button now takes you to curated apps like Netflix and Pandora
- Kid Zone shows all kid’s programming and once in kid zone no purchases can be made
- Using the voice remote:
- you can search by network, show, or actor/actress name
- Ask “What should I watch” to give you suggestions based on things you watched previously
- Ask things like “How many calories in an avocado” to get answers
- Control your thermostat, door locks, lights, and more
- Outlet modules allow you to control anything plugged into an outlet remotely
- 24/7 peace of mind no matter where you are
- Real time notifications
- Most of the security features the expanding HOME category of Xfinity’s new; however a HUGE one for me was that when you schedule a tech to your home you can now track their route and see a picture of the tech coming to your house
- Xfinity Home Security
- Have up to 6 cameras on one system
- Door and cabinet sensors available
- Have sensors that alert you when liquor cabinet is opened
- 24/7 video recording for 10 days and canned video stored for 30 days
- Canned video is set up to record at a certain time every day – like 3pm when you kid gets home
- Features 128-bit encryption for security so you don’t have to worry about hacking into your personal cameras
- Launching summer 2017 – Comcast will now offer mobile services
- Available to any Xfinity Internet customer
- Up to 5 lines – Voice and text unlimited
- No access fees
- Mix and match plans
- Data charge on unlimited basis or pay-per-gig
- Mom can have unlimited, kid can have per gig
- Allowed to make one change per phone, per month from pay per gig to unlimited and vice versa.
- You can now schedule a call 24/7
- No more unplugging the power cord to restart – you can power cycle from your remote or the app using My Account
As of Monday, May 9, 2017, Xfi is now available for almost all Comcast internet customers (some customers may need to upgrade equipment). Comcast with the TV, Internet, Home and Mobile works to help us in creating the Ultimate Smart Home. However, for us, this is where Comcast really expands in creating the Ultimate Smart Home.
- Makes managing home network easier
- Each person in the house has their own profile
- The house itself can have a profile
- Set up all devices to manage
- The devices’ wifi can can be individually paused so you don’t impact the other devices in the home
- For example – Turn off wifi to kids’ phones and tablets after 8pm but still have wifi to your laptop and TV available
As Comcast customers, we’re so excited about all the changes that Comcast is making, which is ultimately making our lives so much easier while we work to live our best life possible. What’s your favorite Comcast feature? Leave a comment and let me know!
*Stock Photos unless noted are provided by Xfinity.