5/1/2017 Update: We had no idea this Homemade Low Sodium Sloppy Joes recipe would be as popular as it is! We’ve officially updated our images and have now included a video! Thank you for the love and support!
- 1lb ground meat (turkey, chicken, or beef will works)
- 1/3 cup each: yellow pepper, red pepper, and red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the meat, onions, and peppers to a skillet over medium high until meat is brown.
- Drain any excess liquid and return to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Heat until cooked throughout.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mixture evenly over bread/buns of choice!
**The pictures below were the original pictures for this Homemade Low Sodium Sloppy Joes recipe, posted on 8/1/2012, which you may have seen floating around Pinterest. It’s the same recipe, we’ve just gotten a lot better at photography!