It’s our first Mini Chef Mondays for September, which means it’s technically fall. Am I right?
September 1st equals fall.
I know I will have a few of you that absolutely hate me for saying that, but just stick with me. I promise I have something that you are going to love.
I didn’t want to upset you too much, so I’m not starting the month of with pumpkin flavored goodies or Halloween related treats. However, we are diving into two of my favorite things.
Caramel Apples and Cheesecake.
Caramel Apples are the epitome of my childhood. Loved them! I still do honestly. I remember growing up that I would beg for one every time that we went to a carnival, fair, boardwalk….you get the picture. Now, I don’t have to wait for any special occasion. The Amish market near our house carries them weekly and they aren’t just normal Caramel and Apple. They are dipped in chocolate, rolled around in candies or marshmallow, drizzle with peanut butter sauce, and more. They are amazing. But they are fussy. All that work just to have 7.5 bits of apple actually dipped in the topping, then it’s just a healthy apple. HA!
Cheesecake is also fussy. But we love it so much. We’ve made cheesecake funnel cakes, cheesecake pancakes, shoot, we’ve even made peanut butter cheesecake overnight oats. But, as much as we love all of those (and recommend you try all of them), we’d be lying to say it’s super easy. Cheesecake is a labor of love.
Thus, we bring you the less fussy version of the best of both worlds.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip.
It’s the perfect version of a fall dip that everyone will fall in love with. And, trust me, no one will believe how fast and easy this recipe is to make.
- 5 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup each, chopped chocolate and peanuts
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream.
- Bring to a rolling bowl, stirring very frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add in the vanilla and salt.
- Let cool slightly. Begin to prep the dip.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add in the caramel sauce.
- Mix until very well combined.
- Pour into serving bowl, top with chopped chocolate and peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Can make up to 3 days in advance. Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve alongside desired dippers. We use apples, chocolate graham crackers, and pretzel rods.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started.
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Chocolate Covered Apple Donuts // Courtney’s Sweets
- Fall Harvest Cake
// Momma Lew
- Pumpkin Spice Sauteed Apples // Finding Zest
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip // We’re Parents
- Homemade Applesauce Recipe for Kids // Eating Richly
- Maple Cinnamon French Toast in a Mug // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Foil Packet Apricot Salmon // Vegging at the Shore
- Homemade Apple Cider // O’Boy! Organic
- Butterbeer Bark // My Mini Adventurer