We’re so excited to share with you these 50+ Things You Didn’t Know You Could Buy Reusable. This post contain affiliate Links.
We’re all looking to make better choices for our families and the environment. For us, we are trying to buy more and more reusable products to be more environmentally friendly and also make our own lives healthier at the same time. The first step that most of us takes towards a greener life is typically using reusable bags at the grocery store. You may have reusable soap dispenser or even use a reusable coffee mug at your local convenience store. However, there’s so many more things that you can buy reusable versions of now that you might have never even know (I know I didn’t know some of these!).
We decided in celebration of Earth Day that we would create this list of 50+ Things You Can Buy Reusable Versions of today! Some of these we already use and other ones we are working to implement ourselves.
For The Kitchen
- Paper Towels – lots of options! We like ones with snaps!
- Plastic Wrap- there’s cotton and silicone versions available
- Straws – so many options – from glass to stainless steel and beyond, make sure you get BPA free!
- Tea Bags and Coffee Filters – buying loose coffee and tea bags saves you money, buying reusable filters will save you even more!
- Dish Scrubbers – use a dish cloth or grab some actual scrubbers that are washable
- Silicone Baking Cups – no one needs those paper wrappers anyway!
- Popsicle Molds – Kids love making their own popsicles and this way you can do it all the time (these Blueberry Kiwi pops are a hit here)
- Wooden Skewers – replace these with metal skewers – they’re easier to use!
- Grill Cooking Sheet – instead of using aluminum foil!
- Chopsticks – Buy a reusable pair – These would make a nice gift!
For the Laundry Room
- Dryer Sheet – replace these chemical infused sheets with wool dryer balls and scent with essential oils – these are the dryer balls we’ve been using for the last 4 years
- Laundry Detergent – Yes, you can have a reusable laundry detergent !
- Wet Bags – If you use cloth diapers, reusable tissues, sanitary napkins, or a number of other options, these come in handy! We love them for wet swimsuits after the beach too!
For the Bathroom
- Cotton Balls – Cottons balls are just cotton that you throw away. Replace them with cotton make-up remover pads or even better money saving option – go for baby washcloths!
- Electric Shavers – ditch the disposables and get a wet/dry shaver for women and an electric shaver for men
- Cloth Shower Liner – no more having to worry about mildew on the plastic liner when guest comes over, just wash and re-hang
- Toothbrush – these recycled handle toothbrushes last forever, just replace the head, or you can go with a disposable option that is 100% biodegradable
- Gum stimulator – instead of floss go with this option that’s better for you
- Menstrual Products – Prefer tampons – go with a cup; Pads your choice – go with cloth pads. We’ve been using Pink Lemonade Shop brand of cloth pads for 4 years now with great success.
- Breastpads – if breastfeeding, these are definitely a go to product you need
- Makeup Remover Cloths
- Beauty face mask – This reusable moisturizing mask has high reviews, though we’ve never personally tried it.
- Condoms – Okay. Don’t shoot the messenger. We came across these randomly while doing our research for this post. We’ve never used them and not sure about brands, but we had to include them as an option!
- Toilet Paper – again, don’t shoot the messenger. Some families swear by this. You can find lots of options on Etsy – just search “family cloth” or “reusable toilet paper”
- Produce Bags – no more plastic bags for all your fruit, just reuse these over and over
- Lunch/Snack bags – tons of size and pattern options! We love using these.
- Furnace/AC Filter – you should replace these every 4 months in your home, but buy a reusable one and you’ll never have to again, just rinse and reuse!
- Car Filter – same as the home filters, these should be changed often in your car. Check with your local mechanic about reusable options
- Sweeper Cleaning Pads – so much cheaper than continuously buying the store brand cleaning pads
- Dry Cleaning Bags – I couldn’t stand how many plastic bags came wrapped in our dry cleaning every time! Use these reusable bags and ditch the plastic.
- Toothpicks- Use stainless steel turkey lacers to replace your toothpicks! Just wash and reuse!
- Wine Protector Sleeves – Ditch the paper bags and just use these!
1. Food Pouches – Allows you to make and take your own purees, applesauce, and more.
2. Diapers – Using cloth diapers saves you and the environment tons of money – Cotton Babies Flip System and Green Mountain Diaper fitteds were our favorite ones
3. Wipes – You can swap out disposable wipes for cloth ones. Looking to upcycle, you can also cut up old tshirts and reuse those as wipes
4. Juice Boxes – Just swap these and kids still get the fun juice box fill. Even better, these won’t spill everywhere when squeezed!
5. Swim Diapers – Disposable swim diapers are the biggest scam. They don’t do anything but hold in poop. Reusable swim diapers do exactly the same thing and last from birth to potty training.
6. Reusable Coloring Shirts – Kids LOVE coloring their own clothes! Did you know if you grab these coloring shirts and use Crayola Ultraclean Washable Markers and you can wash and color all over again!
7. Stickers – Sometimes stickers are the vein of a parents existence. Reusable Sticker Books all for less of a mess.
1. Pee Pads – Animals can be expensive. Save lots of money with these reusable pee pads.
2. Lint Roller – A reusable lint roller just needs washed and it’s pretty close in price to what you pay for disposable ones.
3. Dog Diapers – Same with kids cloth diapers but for dogs – Grab these Reusable Dog Diapers
1. Plastic Cutlery – Grab a reusable spork set for everyone in the family and never worry about plastic again. Bonus – you never have to worry about these breaking if you push down to hard
2. Takeout Containers – Out to eat at a restaurant? Take containers with you and ditch the styrofoam containers which never leave landfills.
1. Wrapping Paper – I can tell you from experience, kid’s have zero care about how presents are wrapped. Buy reusable wrapping paper and never worry about running out again. Bonus tip: looking to save money? Wrap presents in newspaper.
2. Batteries – Having kids, we spending hundreds on batteries alone over the course of a kid’s life. You can buy AA and AAA reusable batteries and recharge again and again.
3. Pens – Buy refillable pens and never worry about the ink drying out of your favorite pen again!
4. Ink cartridges – Grab refillable printer cartridges and just do them yourself. It saves a ton too!
5. Hand Warmers – I remember going through a crazy amount of hand warmers at college football games. This rechargeable hand warmer is super neat and we’ll be getting one for snowboarding season!
6. Rain Barrels – reuse water! It’s free water that you can use for plants, kid’s outdoor play, and more. We love these rain barrel planters that look like home decor!
7. Cable ties/twist ties/zip ties – I had no idea reusable zip ties/etc existed! We’ll be grabbing these soon!
8. Dry Erase Sheet Protector – We love these reusable sheet protectors for homeschool. We can do the same worksheets again and again and it also allows me to save the sheets for our second little too!
9. Balloons – YES! These is such a thing as reusable balloons! No helium need! How cool is that!?
It’s so amazing to see so many different products that are reusable! We hope you love our list of 50+ things you didn’t know you could buy reusable. Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments!