It’s officially summer! YAY!
Except that I really don’t like the heat. It makes me cranky and the temperature fluctuation going indoors and outdoors typically leaves me breaking out in hives. But enough about my weirdness. I’ve noticed that Skibbles also gets irritable if she’s too hot.
Obviously, as a mom, I want to do my best to keep them happy, which in the summer time means plenty of snacks that are cooling and refreshing. But also, I need them to be healthy. Most store-bought summer treats are loaded with refined sugars and dyes, and so my goal this summer is to come up with a combination of various healthy alternatives.
I enabled my Mini Chef to help make these delicious Blueberry Kiwi Lemonade ice pops are after a hot summer day, we all devoured them. With just 4 ingredients (one being water), they are super healthy and very cost efficient as well. It’s a win-win for everyone.
Skibbles loved helping me make these and there really wasn’t much that she couldn’t do on her own. We work great as a team though and she always asks to do it together, so I happily oblige.
Here’s our super quick and simple Blueberry Kiwi Lemonade Ice Pops Recipe
- 4 lemons
- 3 kiwis
- 1/2 pint of blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Peel and slice the kiwis. Cut each slice in half.
- Juice the 4 lemons. You should have about 1/2 a cup of fresh lemon juice.
- In your popsicle molds, layer the blueberries and kiwi slices until you reach the top of your mold.
- In a small bowl, mix together the fresh lemon juice and water.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour juice into each ice pop mold up to the top.
- Tap on counter to remove any air bubble and top with additional juice if necessary.
- Insert ice pop sticks.
- Place in freezer at least for hours until frozen solid or overnight.
Watch us make it! Enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Semi Homemade Yogurt Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Fish Cake Tutorial // Momma Lew
- Very Berry Fruit Salsa // Finding Zest
- Blueberry Kiwi Lemonade Ice Pops // We’re Parents
- Carved Orange Warthog with Toddler Fruit Salad // Eating Richly
- Red, White and Blue Lemonade Mocktail // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Blueberry Challah French Toast // Vegging at the Shore
- Strawberry Cheesecake Rollups // My Mini Adventurer