Name your favorite cookie….
Not like a brand. Like a type. Go ahead. Whats your favorite kind of cookie?
I already know what your gonna say. Better yet, you already know what most people would say. If this was Family Feud… and Steve said, “Name a kind of cookie that is everyone’s favorite?” You would say it, wouldn’t you? You would slam your sweaty palm, on the red buzzer, as fast and hard as you can, to tell that bald headed man that cookie!
But I am not here to talk about that cookie. Nope! Not today!
I am here to talk about this cookie! The Underdog…
The Dark Horse.
The Black Swan!!!!
THE OATMEAL COOKIE!
Not just any old neglected, in the back of the cabinet, oatmeal cookie. Im talking about the…..
Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies.
Yes, this is the Cadillac of cookies right here.
I mean once you Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookie. You never go back!
Bullshit! I go back all the time. But I like variety. But not you my friend. You will fall in love. Hand them out like flyers to strangers. You will make these and put them out for Santa. And as for the gift you will get from Santa that night…. Let’s just say you may want to get the kids some quality headphones so they can sleep tight. Can I get an AMEN!?
Okay, let me stop. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick + 6 tbsp butter, slightly melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg and beat until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly beat into wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in oats, cranberries and walnuts.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Put in oven for 8-10 minutes of until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in air tight container.
So what are you waiting for? Go! Right now. Get in the kitchen and start whipping these up right now. Then report back with how much you loved them. We also understand if you don’t want to share them.
Consider pinning this image below so you never loose track of this delicious cookie recipe that you already know is going to be a favorite-