WATCH LARISHA AND SKIBBLES MAKE THIS WATERMELON LIMEADE SLUSHIE LIVE ON PERISCOPE!
Are you the type of person constantly trying to use up everything in your fridge so you have zero waste? Having to come up with something different and get imaginative with new ideas.
Well, I definitely am.
Typically Larisha and I, being the adults in the family, tend to try to consume all the food we can from certain meals we make, or fruit we buy, but sometimes there’s just so much food and we just get creative and make something out of what we have. Think Chopped, Home Edition.
So the other day I came inside and it was pretty hot in general — outside the house, inside the house, etc. Just miserable. I opened the fridge to get something to drink and it was empty besides a pitcher of water. I saw pieces of watermelon and pulled the container out to eat a few pieces but thought to myself that I would really like something to drink. Skibs had been asking for ice cream all day and so I decided to make something that would satisfy my thirst and her craving. Trying to win the nice dad award.
I figured I could possibly create something with the watermelon. I was thinking of a milkshake, but realized that I didn’t have the ingredients that I needed, so I thought what would be the next best thing.
I looked around the fridge and found a few things and was ready to go. We were going to make a Watermelon Limeade Slushie. I asked Skibs if she wanted to help me make a slushie and with her confused face said “Swaushie? Ok. Let’s go. I Mini Chef Skibbles”. And off we went! It was the perfect treat and everyone enjoyed. We hope you do too!
- 4 cups fresh, cubed watermelon
- Fresh juice from two limes (~1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups ice, divided
- In a blender, add the first four ingredients and blend.
- Add two cups of ice and blend again.
- If not slushie enough, continue adding ice until your desired consistency is reached.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Best Fruit Salad Recipe for Kids // Courtney’s Sweets
- 5 Kid Friendly Watermelon Recipes // Momma Lew
- Yogurt Fruit Breakfast Pizza // Finding Zest
- Watermelon Limeade Slushie // We’re Parents
- 4th of July Snacks that Kids Can Make Themselves // Eating Richly
- Jersey Style Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese Sandwich // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Make Your Own Oatmeal // Vegging at the Shore
- Real Fruit Healthy Slushies // O’Boy! Organic
- Fresh Watermelon Juice // My Mini Adventurer