“This post was sponsored by Starbucks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received compensation and complimentary products to facilitate my review.”
Going from one to two kids put a huge strain on our relationship. It was a very difficult transition for me and by the time Andrew would get home from work, I would be so exhausted that I would barely even want to talk to him. I had a crying baby and a screaming toddler to deal with alone every single day, I just wanted silence. I quickly realized, however, that this was hurting our relationship. We started trying to do more things together and we set aside a dedicated movie night. Something was still missing though.
I sat down and thought about how we could really feel connected again. Duh? We needed to laugh again. We needed to open up our communication again. Movies were great, but it wasn’t giving us time to re-connect again. I decided to create a list of things that we would like to do. Then I came up with a great idea to make it a gift to him. I ended up creating 26 At-Home Date Night Ideas. It was enough to do one every other week for the whole year. It only cost me $1 to make the gift and then almost all the date nights are $10 or less (most of them are free!).
Here’s our 26 At-Home Date Night Ideas:
- Create a Jamaican inspired dish
- Play would you rather
- Watch an action movie
- Play 5 minute to win it games
- Build a blanket fort and chat over Starbucks® Hot Cocoa K-Cup®
- Play 500 Rummy
- Paint Night
- Watch a comedy movie (he picks)
- Watch a comedy movie (she picks)
- Play video games
- Play Uno
- Complete a DIY project together
- Have a jump rope challenge
- Play a board game
- Play Charades
- Eat dinner by candlelight
- Make funnel cakes
- Have a $5 Gift exchange
- Find a dessert on Pinterest and make it
- Color mugs for each other
- Make Chinese takeout and watch a movie
- Play “newlywed” game
- Watch a drama movie
- Have a hula hoop challenge
- Make appetizers and Watch a football game
- Make an Indian inspired dish
We have been absolutely loving doing this since the beginning of the year and we’ve found that we actually have much better communication since we started doing this and actually wanting to sit down and chat and do more together than just the once every other week. Since Andrew is working on the blog with me now, we have been having hot chocolate business meetings at least once a week too. We each grab a Starbucks® Hot Cocoa K-Cup® and make a cup before we discuss work. There’s nights that we just enjoy grabbing a cup even if we aren’t working. It’s great for us since both cups can be done super quick since we don’t always have a ton of time due to the girls waking up. Andrew enjoys the original hot cocoa, but I’m in love with the Salted Caramel version. The rich, smooth, and creaminess of each cup warms us right up and allows up to really enjoy each other’s company.
Right now you can enter to win aStarbucks® Hot Cocoa K-Cup® Cozy Collection for yourself! Each cozy collection set comes with the following:
- A special blanket, perfect for snuggling, cuddling or snoozing
- A mug to fill with cocoa for a tasty, cozy treat
- Starbucks® Classic and Salted Carmel K-Cup® pods, made with real cocoa
- Marshmallows and shortbreads to put the finishing touches on your cocoa
- $5 Starbucks Card and exclusive offer on Starbucks® Hot Cocoa K Cup® pods
Just go HERE to enter!
Which Starbucks® Hot Cocoa K-Cup® flavor would you choose first? Do you do at-home date nights? What’s your favorite date night to do at-home? Leave a comment below and let me know!