About the company: Diono consistently earns high ratings from industry experts and families around the world for all of their products. They are committed to providing car seat safety to families everywhere with innovative and advanced travel solutions. Their first product was in 1999 called the Mighty-Tite, the first and only seatbelt tightener. In 2005, they introduced the Radian Car Seat, the first steel-reinforced folding car seat that makes travel and storage more convenient than ever. In 2008, they were one of Inc 500’s fastest growing U.S. companies and today they have more than 100 product offerings across 54 countries, with offices in seven.
When I had Baby Skibbles, her safety was my top priority. We had what I considered a great infant car seat, but as Baby Skibbles is growing bigger, we knew that we would need a convertible car seat soon. I, at that time, had no idea about Diono or that there were options for me to only purchase one car seat from birth to the end of booster years. With minimal research done, I quickly learned that Diono was the highly sought after car seat for (most) parents. Mention Energy absorbing foam, 5 point harness, LATCH installation, rear facing tether, side impact protection, and award winning car seat to any mom and you are guaranteed to spark her attention.
|Photo Credit- Diono
We also quickly took notice of the clearly printed safety and warning instructions on the Diono. I love that some of the proper seating instructions are printed right on the sides of the seat so that I have a quick reminder of proper positioning when the time comes without always having to bring the manual out.
|Photo Credit: Diono
Installation was a breeze. There is a detachable base that is necessary for rear facing the car seat, but all your have to do is insert and lock into plan. Then, the manual explains what the best method is for securing the car seat. It goes in depth with pictures to detail for nine types of installation including multiple forward and rear facing options (LATCH option available), as well as aircraft and booster options.
|photo credit: Diono
(courtesy of Diono)
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-45 lbs, forward-facing children from 20-80 lbs in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 120 lbs.
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- It also fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle, folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats, 12-position adjustable headrest, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- LATCH installation up to 80 lbs
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Low-sitting profile makes it easy for your child to board
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- Cover is machine washable and dryable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
- 10 year life
BUY IT: The Diono Radian RXT Car Seat retails for $340 US, but is currently on sale on Amazon for $260! Just click on the link below to view the Amazon site or make a purchase. To see other retailers that carry the seat or Ultra Mat, just visit the Diono website HERE.
WIN IT: One lucky reader is going to win their own Diono Ultra Mat just like the one reviewed! Just fill out the form below. This giveaway will end on 10/9/13 at 1:00am EST. Open to US residents only.