These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Baked Apples are the perfect dessert! Whether you need a fun dessert after dinner or a more intimate dessert, they meet all expectations.
Baked Apples are such a fun dessert. It’s the perfect amount of heightened sweetness from the caramelizing that happens during the baking process. To make it even more fun and kid-friendly, we combined cheesecake filling, a caramel apple sauce, and crumb topping to make the most indulgently delicious, Caramel Apple Cheesecake Baked Apples. Let me say that again in case you didn’t have a chance to really comprehend.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Baked Apples
They are really as amazing at they sound too. Listen, if you know our family, you know that Andrew is really picky. While he loves apples, he’s not a fan at all of cooked fruit. Yall…he loveeedddd this. Better yet though, the kids loved it. We used pink lady apples for this recipe because they are crisp and sweet. However, feel free to use the variety of apples that you love the most.
How long does it take to bake an apple in the oven?
Typically, the average sized apple may need 30-40 minutes to bake apples in the oven. If you use smaller apples they can be ready 20-25 minutes. Obviously, if you use very large apples, you are going to need to let them cook longer. You want the outside of the apples to start to wilt and focus on the topping getting golden brown.
How do you make Healthy Baked Apples?
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to this recipe for your littles, you can simply cook the cored apple pieces with some coconut oil, apple pie spice, and chopped nuts of your choice and then fill the apples. Bake the same amount of time.
- 2 small LIl Snappers Pink Lady Apples
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 slices of honey roasted turkey
- 4oz block of mild cheddar cheese, sliced into 16-20 slices
- Optional: ground cinnamon
- Slice the top and bottom of the Lil Snappers Apple off.
- Then slice the apple width wise into slices. Each apple will yield 4-5 slices.
- Cut your lemon in half and rub the lemon on both sides of your apple to prevent browning.
- Use a miniature cookie cutter to core out the center of each slice and make a fun design.
- Layer the sandwiches with apple slice, cheese, turkey, cheese, apple slice.
- Optional: Sprinkle the top with a touch of ground cinnamon.
Pin these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Baked Apples for later: