As an influencer, we attend conferences, events, luncheons and more frequently to grow and expand our business. It’s always great when receiving a little “swag” while in attendance meeting with brands. Typically, as a brand, your business name is on these little tokens of appreciation in hopes that we will use them in public, remember the brand when using them, or share photos of the items with our followers so that in turn more of that brands’ products are purchased.
As a brand, when you set up a table at a conference, a mall event, or even send things to influencers in your market, you should constantly be considering if your investment is worth it. Are you giving things to people that they will actually use? While pens, USB drives, t-shirts, and water bottles are great, we are overwhelmed with these things often. Unfortunately, many of them get donated to the Goodwill, tossed in the trash, or hidden in the bottom of our closet. As the millennial generation takes over most of the target audience that brands are seeking out, you have to be conscious that you have something to offer influencers in this space that’s unique. We are a generation that is conscious of plastics and waste.
Here’s 10 ideas to help you plan for your next event:
- Giftcards and/or Free Coupons for products
- Especially if at a conference, these are the best because they don’t take up a ton of space in luggage but we can still use it to purchase your specific product(s)
- An extremely soft blanket that our family can use over and over again is awesome
- Kitchen utensils (measuring cups, wooden spoons, etc)
- Never underestimate the power that a unique kitchen utensil can provide
- We’re always hungry while attending these events unless it’s a food conference, especially if it’s a multi-day event and we’re staying in a hotel
- Travel size items
- A cute little bag packed with travel size items is always welcomed
- Experiences (massages, manicures, shoe shining, headshots)
- We often attend these events sans kids, so getting pampered while not having someone screaming in the background is something we will always remember
- Small Business Expenses (Planners, Card Holders, SD Cards, Notebooks)
- Things we always needs, but often forget ourselves
- Notepads or Notecards
- Quality notepads that have cute sayings, pre-written notes to the teacher, funny cards to give to our significant others — get creative here!
- Useful Personal Items (umbrellas, sunglasses, small tools, etc)
- simple things yet unique, that’s the key here
- Something Personalized – While this may not also be possible for larger event, think of something like an iron on monogrammed letter or engraving that can be done on site.
- Who doesn’t love something personalized!? Have an event where only a handful of people were invited, customize each thing with a first or last name, something you know about them, a tagline they always use…these are the most appreciated things.
If you are committed to common things like reusable bags, pens, and t-shirts, make sure that they are quality items that will stand up over a few uses. All the ideas above are things that will give you a bigger bang for your marketing buck. The most important thing is that no matter what you choose to offer, that it be a quality item that even you would appreciate receiving. A little more money spent will go further here.