Summer time, for me, has always meant that I can run on less and less food. It’s just too hot or I’m too occupied to eat. I’ve found that is similarly true for my toddler (the baby is just a constant garbage disposal always). However, she’s a growing toddler, and I know the importance of making sure that she’s getting the proper nutrition to support her growing body. I have found that I am able to put almost anything in a smoothie for her and she will drink it up, no matter the time of day, what we are doing, or how hot it is outside. Put extra ice in it and she thinks it’s ice cream. And I don’t even feel bad for letting her think that. We also loves putting them into ice pops molds and making deliciously healthy ice pops too.
This pina colada smoothie recipe is actually Andrew’s recipe that he came up with on the fly and it was so good that we all gobbled it up and he had to make another one. This time, we let our mini chef help make it and decided that we must share it with all of you ASAP. We actually rearranged our recipe schedule just so we could share this with you guys today. We hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Throw all ingredients into your blender and blend until smoothie.
- Add desired amount of ice if needed and blend again.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- The Best Ice Cream Sundae // Courtney’s Sweets
- Finding Dory Inspired Food Art // Momma Lew
- Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade // Finding Zest
- Pina Colada Smoothie // We’re Parents
- 15 Edible Father’s Day Gifts the Dad Will Love // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Parfait // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Simple Carrot Cherry Salad // Vegging at the Shore
- Easy and Healthy Homemade Jello // O’Boy! Organic
- Homemade Ravioli // My Mini Adventurer