Disclosure: We were sent products to try in exchange for creating this recipe. Thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
If we’re being honest with each other here (which I hope by now we can be), then you know as much as I love cooking that even I don’t get a wholesome dinner on the table every single night. Some nights I just don’t feel like cooking. Other nights we just get home too late. And of course there’s the nights where the meat doesn’t thaw by the time I need to start cooking, I forgot to plug in the crockpot, or we aren’t hungry for a full meal. It’s happened to the best of us, multiple times.
My quest for wholesome meals that are quick and easy to make.
I’ve recently started working on a list of meals that I can get on the table rather quickly, even if we need to eat dinner in 30-40 minutes. When I thought of this meal, I wasn’t sure if the family would go for it…specifically, Andrew. He’s so picky that sometimes it’s hard. The verdict: it’s a win!
This specific dish is amazing for those nights that maybe you had a late lunch and everyone just wants a little something or even perfect for a lunch. Additionally, with the holiday season approaching, it would make an amazing appetizer or even a dish for brunch.
This chicken and goat cheese tart comes with fresh basil, garlic, arugula, tomatoes, and balsamic ANDD it’s amazing!
Part of the reason it’s so good is the fresh arugula and basil from Bowery. Imagine that you could have local, farm fresh produce in the middle of winter in New York City. With Bowery, you can. Bowery is a modern farming company that grows all products inside in a controlled environment using 95% less water and zero pesticides. It’s located just 8 miles outside of NYC. They are 100x more productive than traditional agriculture on the same amount of land because they grow vertically indoors. Currently Bowery produce is available at select Whole Foods and Foragers in the NY Tristate area.
I’m obsessed with #EatCleanGreens because zero pesticides means my family is healthier.
- 1 puff pastry tart
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 lb pre-cooked grilled chicken cubed
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Bowery fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup Bowery arugula
- Fresh cracked black pepper and pink salt
- Thaw out and cook 1 sleeve puff pastry tart according to packaging.
- While it's cooking, in a bowl mix together the goat cheese and whole milk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, cherry tomatoes, and basil.
- Pull out tart and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully spread goat cheese mixture on top of tart.
- Then spread chicken evenly across.
- Next add the arugula and then the basil and tomato mixture.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste, as well as additional balsamic vinegar if needed.
If you live in the NY Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, CT) and would like to try some of the freshest produce you’ve ever had, enter our giveaway below. Please note you MUST live in the NY Tristate area as that is all Bowery is currently shipping too at this time. Must be 18+ to enter. Giveaway ends 11/22/2017 at 11:59pm EST.