- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon low fat butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow and red peppers
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can corn drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large pot, add chicken broth, water, butter, onions, and peppers over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Add both cans of corn and chicken, stir together, and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add buttermilk and flour and combine well (I used a whisk to make sure flour wasn't clumpy).
Allow to thicken slightly (3 to 4 more minutes) and then reduce heat to low.
Add salt and pepper to taste (I add 1/2 teaspoon each).
Let cook on low for another 15 minutes.
Stir in cheese and allow to melt entirely.
Remove from heat. Serve in regular or bread bowl.
Add bacon, use orange peppers as well, substitute buttermilk for half-and-half, substitute cheddar/colby jack cheese with Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack, add green onions.