My entire life, the Christmas season has been my most favorite time. Growing up, it meant lots of time doing fun activities with my family, fun trips to see different lights, and of course presents. Joyous is how I always feel this time of year. One of my favorite activities growing up was our annual Christmas Cookie day. We would go to my oldest aunt’s house and spend the day making and decorating cookies. It was always so much fun.
I love making unique cookies that are crowd pleasers.
Today, we don’t have a ton of family around, but I do love carrying on this tradition with our girls. I always try to work throughout the year to create one new recipe that we are going to create as our signature holiday cookie. This is one that we take on Christmas to our family’s house that we attend for the holiday festivities.
Introducing Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies
This year our signature cookie is going to be these cranberry cheesecake cookies. They are phenomenal and a total game changer in the cookie field. We start with a delicious graham cracker dough with dried cranberries. Then, make a hole similar to thumbprint cookies. Next, fill with a cheesecake filling and bake! It’s super easy!
In the end, you have a sure hit thats going to please everyone! Check out our Cranberry Cheesecake cookies here:
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers about 9 crackers
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg white save yolk for filling below
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar.
- Add the egg white and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add to the graham cracker crumbs mixture and blend until just combined.
- Fold in cranberries.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese with the granulated sugar, egg yolk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a small scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and place on nonstick baking sheet.
- Using the back of a teaspoon, make an inverted dome in the center of each cookie.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling into the indents in the cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes. The cheesecake should be just set and cookies starting to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool a few minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve or keep leftovers refrigerated.
Welcome to Houseful of Cookies
This year we are happy to have created this recipe for Houseful of Cookies. It’s a fun link-up of some of my favorite bloggers (and a few I don’t know yet) all creating spectacular cookie ideas for the holiday season. Some are traditional, while others, like our Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies, are a bit of grandma’s beaten path. All though, I’m sure, are deliciously amazing. Here’s the recipes that these amazing creators have thought up for you! Check them each out!
- Houseful Of Nicholes – Slow As Molasses Cookies
- A Crafty Spoonful – Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
- A Real Urban Mom – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dash Of Evans – Cranberry Hootycreeks
- Divas With A Purpose – White Chocolate Surprise Cookies in a Jar
- Everyday Party Magazine – Simple Caramel Cream Sugar Cookies Swirls
- Fab Haute Mama – Belgian Waffle Cookies
- Good Girl Gone Redneck – Perfect Holiday Saltine Toffee Treat
- Happily Homegrown – Old Fashioned Hermit Bar Cookies
- Honest & Truly! – Triple Chocolate Dipped Cookie
- Hysterical Mom – Lemon Sugar Cookies
- I am the Maven® – Moldy Mice Cookies
- Keep Calm & Teach Fifth Grade – Winter Wonderland Sugar Cookies
- Kenya Rae – Pecan White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Kiss My Tulle – Chunky Christmas Cookies
- Mom On The Side – Hopscotch Crunchies Holiday Cookies
- More Than Thursdays – Mint Surprise Sugar Cookies
- Our Crafty Mom – Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Peyton’s Momma – Chocolate Covered Christmas Trees
- Simplify Live Love – Double Chocolate Pomegranate Cookies
- Teachable Mommy – 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- The Analytical Mommy – Favorite Lactation Cookie Recipe
- The Biswolds – White Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies