This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFreeGoodness #CollectiveBias
Dairy Free Peach Mango Yogurt Chicken with a Peach Mango Chutney.
I know, there’s a word in there that is throwing off your idea of whether you want to try this recipe or not. The answer is yes. Yes, you do want to try this recipe. I promise it’s not as crazy as you may actually think it is either. The inspiration behind this idea actually came from my friend Amiyrah, and I too thought the idea of yogurt chicken was baffling. However, the more I considered the idea, the more I became okay with the thought of it.
I mean, we put creamed soup on chicken, we put sour cream on chicken, we put butter on chicken, so why not yogurt? Once I finally got the courage to try it, I was blown away. However, I still had to convince Andrew. He gets home later than we eat and when I told him what it was, his picky behind was like, nope, not eating it. Eventually, I got him to try it! And guess what! He liked it!
The thing is, we’ve only ever used plain Greek yogurt to make our yogurt chicken. I wanted to be bold and adventurous and try new flavors. When I saw Silk Dairy-Free yogurt alternative, I knew that we immediately needed to try it. The delicious taste and creamy texture make it the perfect topping for any meal.
I am always trying to figure out flavorful recipes for friends who are dairy free because I know how hard it can be to find them. I was dairy free for 6 months after each pregnancy until our girls outgrew their dairy intolerance. Even now, my close friend is searching for dairy free meals for her family.
The result. Perfection.
This well seasoned chicken is smothered in Peach Mango Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative (made with soy milk) and then topped with a flavor-packed spicy peach mango chutney that will blow your taste buds away.
The taste together is really impeccable and I know we will have this so many more times in the future. This recipe would also be amazing on top of pork chops as well.
- 1 fresh mangos ripe but not too soft, peeled and cubed
- 1 fresh peach skin removed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red sweet pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup orange peach mango juice
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- pink salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- zest from 1/2 large orange
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 container Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative Peach Mango flavor
- 1 teaspoon chicken rub
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once melted, add all ingredients except the mangoes, peaches, and raisin.
- Cook down for 5 minutes.
- Turn down heat to low and add in peaches and mangoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add in raisins and good another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine all seasoned together well and rub into each chicken breast on both sides
- Smoother chicken with Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, Peach Mango flavor
- Cook chicken at medium high 5 minutes on each side or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
- Top with Peach Mango Chutney and serve.
Serve on a bed of arugula
Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative is available at your local Walmart store. It comes in the Peach Mango flavor that we showcase here, as well as Vanilla, Blueberry, and Strawberry. You can’t even tell the difference from your favorite dairy brand. Grab some today! Learn more about the new products and see other Silk deliciousness here.