This Easy Salmon Burgers Recipe will have you feeling like it’s summer outside all year round. Super simple and easy salmon recipe that’s sure to impress.
This post was sponsored by Alaska Seafood as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
We eat Alaska salmon weekly around here. Admittedly, sometimes it’s been more than once a week. We just love the lightness of salmon and the versatility of the meat to be transformed in so many ways. Plus, it’s recommended that the average Americans consumes 8 ounces of seafood per week. However, we typically tend to fall back on a handful of recipes, like our Honey Citrus Salmon.
It’s really important that you get Alaska salmon. Why? Because all Alaska salmon is wild-caught. You want to make sure that you are not buying farmed salmon. Don’t worry, this isn’t difficult. We’ve found frozen Alaska salmon everywhere from Aldi to Target, but a quality fish market will have Alaska salmon too!
We’ve been wanting to switch up some dishes for the new year and what better way than to make it into a burger. Salmon Burgers are easy to make and not something to be fearful off. If you successfully make other burgers, than you can make this too.
How do you cook salmon burgers?
Just like any other burger, with salmon burgers you want to flavor the meat with a variety of seasonings, as well as eggs and breadcrumbs for your binding. This easy salmon burgers recipe has just 10 ingredients, so it’s super fast to make and combine together.
Once your mixture is combined, you separate into equal portion sizes. These would be so fun as mini sliders too! Then you toss on the grill or a skillet on the stove and bake them for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side. As with all fish, you are going to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
While this easy salmon burgers recipe is very easy to make, you do want to be mindful of cooking. Exposing salmon burgers to unnecessary heat for an extended amount of time could cause the burger to actually be dry. And no one likes a dry burger.
What do you eat on a salmon burger?
It’s a burger! You top it with whatever you want! But in all seriousness, we went for really simple but impactful ingredient toppings for our salmon burgers. Tomato, lettuce, and a cool lime sauce (recipe below). Truth moment: my kid asked for ketchup on it and I obliged b/c no one has time for arguing with a tiny dictator.
I’d also recommend red onions, mashed avocado, or cabbage. There are so many possibilities.
Pin it for later! Just hover over the Easy Salmon Burgers recipe image below and click Pin!
- 1 lb Alaska salmon
- 3/4 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- * 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- Optional toppings: lettuce tomato, red onion, avocado, lime sauce (1/4 cup plain greek yogurt + 1 lime - recipe below)
- Remove skin, if any, from salmon.
- Using two forks, shred the salmon apart into pieces.
- In a large bowl, add salmon pieces, panko crumbs, red pepper, parmesan cheese, egg, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Combine really well.
- Separate the mixture into 4 equal parts and form into patty shape.
- Let patties sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium low heat.
- Depending on skillet size, add burgers all at once or in batches, making sure not to overcrowd burgers.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and add desired toppings to patties.
- For lime sauce - combine 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt with zest and juice of one lime. Stir until combined. Use immediately or store in air tight container for up to 3 days.
These products may help you with this recipe:
VISIT WWW.WILDALASKASEAFOOD.COM FOR EVEN MORE RECIPES!
Then head out to the store and look for Alaska on your packaging!
Visit Alaska Seafood Online: