Put them all in a blender, except for the baking powder.
Blend just until smooth. Add baking powder and blend again just until mixed.
This is enough batter for 2 pancakes, but they are so dense, you really don’t need more than this. I usually make a bigger one for Andrew and a slightly smaller one for myself.
You will want to have your burner on medium LOW heat. Because of the difference in just regular pancake mix, this takes a slightly longer time to cook and you don’t want to burn it 🙂
Remove from heat and enjoy with your favorite syrup!
If you or your LO is trying to get extra protein for weightlifting or just because, the original recipe sent to us called for protein powder, but since I am pregnant we eliminated this.
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 2 packets Equal or Splenda this is about 2 teaspoons
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix all ingredients except for baking powder into a blender. Blend on low just until combined.
- Add baking powder and mix again just until ingredients are well combined.
- Heat a medium sized skillet on medium low temperature. Spray with cooking oil.
- Add approximately half the batter to the pan.
- When bubbles start to form and an edge is seen, flip the pancake and cook remaining side.
- Repeat with second pancake.
- Serves 2.