Once you make this Homemade Cranberry Chocolate Granola, you’ll never buy granola again!
When we started this semicrunchyish journey, we vowed to always continue trying to make the things that we eat the most from scratch as much as we possibly could. It’s a simple way to constantly strive to be healthier at home. One of the biggest reasons for us doing this is so that we can control all the ingredients. We are in control of the salt and sugar content, as well as the flavor profile. When you have a picky eater, like Andrew, we are able to tailor recipes specifically to him. It also gives me a reason to get into the kitchen with our girls and teach them something new. It’s a perfect recipe for kids to help with!
We start by mixing together rolled oats with a variety of nuts, sweetened coconut, and brown sugar.
Then, add in melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
Once all your ingredients are in a bowl, combine well and then lay on a baking sheet. Toast for an hour and fifteen minutes. Cool, then add the chocolate chips and cranberries and voila. Homemade cranberry chocolate granola. It’s amazing.
5 Ways to Use this Homemade cranberry chocolate granola
- Put on Top on Yogurt
- Mix Into Oatmeal
- Add to muffin mixture
- Replace croutons in your salad
- Top your french toast, waffles or pancakes
The options of what to do with granola are really endless. There’s so many fun ways to use and combo recipes with granola and this homemade cranberry chocolate granola takes it to an entirely different level.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except the dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Mix until very well blended, making sure that everything is coated with the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Spread onto an 11x17 baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure everything is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add in the dried cranberries and mini chocolate chips.
- Store up to 3 months in an air tight container.
This homemade cranberry chocolate granola recipe is one of our favorite things to make from scratch and we hope you enjoy it!
Tune in the rest of the week as we bring you even more scratch recipes like peanut butter, pancakes, and homemade butter!
These products may help you with this recipe: