Try to smooth out into as much of a rectangle as you can get. I used a pizza cutter to get a better shape.
Cut each pie crust into 24 squares. 4 rows, 6 columns. You can make them bigger than this, it’s just the POPable size we went with.
Place between 1/2 and 1 tablespoon filling in the center of half of the squares.
Place another square on top and press down the sides using a fork.
Once they come out, place on cooling rack and let cool. Once cool, drizzle icing and sprinkles on top.
- 9 in Store Bought Rolled Pie Crust
- 21oz can Pie Filling, any filling (we used apple and cherry)
- Powdered Sugar Glaze (3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla)
- Roll pie crust into a rectangle. Use pizza cutter to make shape.
- Cut dough into 24 squares (4 rows, 6 columns). *Essentially this can be any size you want, but this is the perfect size for kids or parties.
- Lay one side on a cool cookie sheet and spoon between 1/2 and 1 tablespoon of pie filling on each square.
- Top with another square and use a fork to press the sides down to seal each side together.
- Bake at the temperature suggested on the pie crust box (usually 8-10 minutes) or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- While they are cooling, mix together 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to make the glaze.
- Using a pastry bag with a very small tip or a ziploc bag with a small hole cut, drizzle the glaze over each of the poptarts.
- Top with sprinkles and serve.