THIS LEMON HERB BUTTER SALMON POST WAS SPONSORED BY ALASKA SEAFOOD AS PART OF AN INFLUENCER ACTIVATION FOR INFLUENCE CENTRAL. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN MY POST ARE MY OWN.
Previously, I’ve talked about how I first found out the joy that is Alaska salmon. I always encourage everyone I know to eat Alaska salmon because if they don’t, they are really missing out on something amazing. Some people think I’m crazy. Other times though, people actually listen to me and can’t believe how right I am.
One of the main reasons I love Alaska salmon is that I can have something so flavorful with little amount of work. Honestly, it seems like with salmon, the more simple you keep things, the better it is. With our Honey Citrus Salmon recipe, we use just 2 ingredients other than salmon, salt, and pepper. With our Lemon Herb Butter salmon, it’s not much more.
Using fresh from our garden herbs, butter, lemons, and a little parmesan cheese, we created again another recipe that is insanely easy to make.
BEFORE WE GET TO THE LEMON HERB BUTTER SALMON RECIPE, LET’S DISCUSS WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN YOU GO TO THE STORE.
First, it’s really important that you get Alaska salmon. Why? Because all Alaska salmon is wild-caught. You want to make sure that you are not buying farmed salmon. Don’t worry, this isn’t difficult. We’ve found frozen Alaska salmon everywhere from Aldi to Target, but a quality fish market will have Alaska salmon too!
All Alaska salmon is natural, sustainable, and the highest quality. You can find 5 different species of salmon depending on the store you are shopping: king, sockeye, coho, keta, and pink. You can visit www.wildalaskaseafood.com for cooking techniques and tips, and to learn why it’s important to #AskForAlaska at your local grocer and in restaurants.
- 4 Alaska Salmon filets
- pink salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- pinch cayenne
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp each fresh parsley oregano, basil, and rosemary, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges optional
- Season both sides of each Alaska Salmon filet with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a pinch of cayenne to one side of each filet.
- In a small bowl, combine each of the fresh herbs and combine well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Once melted, add in garlic and saute on low for 3 minutes, stirring carefully so not to burn.
- Turn off heat and add lemon juice.
- On a cast iron griddle, add oil and heat on medium.
- Add each piece of salmon skin side down and grill each side 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and top each filet evenly with parmesan cheese and desired amount of herb mixture.
- Serve alongside rice and lemon wedges.
VISIT WWW.WILDALASKASEAFOOD.COM FOR EVEN MORE RECIPES!
AUGUST 10th is Wild Alaska Salmon Day so make sure you celebrate!
Visit Alaska Seafood Online: