Add salt, pepper, milk, butter, and sour cream. Beat on medium for one minute, then high until all lumps are removed.
Stir in cheese and bacon.
Transfer to a 3qt baking dish.
Top with additional cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup light butter
- salt and pepper to taste I typically do 1/4 teaspoon each
- 2 cups colby or cheddar cheese divided
- 5 slices low sodium bacon cooked and crumbled
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. You should be able to easily poke through them with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Add milk, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- Beat with mixer on low speed for one minute, then on high until no lumps remains.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and the bacon.
- Transfer to a 3qt baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and then let sit for 10 minutes.