*Disclosure: affiliate links contained in this post help to cover the costs of running our site.
A few months ago I attended a playdate at a fellow mom friend’s house and she had ordered a fruit dip tray. Skibbles and I both ate a ton of delicious fruit, but the fruit dip was divine. I asked her where she purchased the tray and after she told me, I went to the store and tried to grab some myself. I was quickly disappointed when I learned that the fruit dip had some ingredients in it that weren’t what we consume on an everyday basis. Of course, my only other solution was to figure out a recipe for myself and make a homemade fruit dip. I know the ingredients that make up a majority of fruit dip on the market, so it was simply about figuring out measurements.
I played around with a few different ingredients and finally came upon the perfect combination of ingredients for this Orange Dream Fruit Dip. I’ve made it several times for both family and friends at various functions and it always gets rave reviews. I’ve had multiple friends ask me for the recipe and decided that I really need to get this one posted so the rest of the world can also enjoy it. Andrew thinks it is great for packing in his lunch with some fruit and Skibbles just enjoys dipping her entire hand in it and licking it off (don’t worry friends, I’ve never let her do this before serving it to other). Since being pregnant, I’m obsessed with fruit and this is the perfect compliment to it. I’ve literally ate almost the entire bowl in one sitting.
I love that it’s completely homemade and better yet, it’s just SIX ingredients. It really doesn’t last long so grab the ingredients, throw them together and feel great about this healthy snack.
- 1/2 cup homemade cool whip we don't add the sugar the recipe calls for
- 4 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 of a 2.5oz box of Organic Vanilla Pudding
- 6 oz plain Greek Yogurt
- Zest from one orange
- In a small mixing bowl, make homemade cool whip according to the directions (we don't add the sugar). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese for one minute. Add in homemade cool whip, pudding, and yogurt and mix until well combined
- Grate and fold in zest from one orange.
- Top with additional zest if desired. Serve or refrigerate immediately.
- Lasts up to one week in the fridge - stir to combine again before serving.
What else besides fruit would you dip in here?
We topped our White Chocolate Cheesecake with it and it was incredible!