We recently had a Finding Dory party to celebrate baby’s first birthday. It was an exciting party themed all around the brand new movie. All the food was fish/underwater themed. All our guests were excited over how well everything came out. One of Skibs favorite things was helping prepare all the food. Okay, maybe it was actually playing with the balloons and bubbles and toys, but she did help out here and there. She loved these oyster cookies so much that we made them again after the party was over. They are so quick and simple to make.
The ingredients are super simple – Nilla wafers, sixlets candy, and fruit dip. We make a homemade fruit dip that will knock your socks off! (Recipe below)
I was actually surprised at how quickly these went at the party. I went to grab one and there were two left and my friend was grabbing one too. We had made so many of them and bam, gone. That tells me just how amazing they were and it wasn’t just me being biased about these oyster cookies.
The sixlets candy has a shiny coating to really make it look like a pearl and pop. It was just so perfect. So whether you are just looking for a simple snack for the summer or are hosting your next underwater party or Finding Dory party soon, we encourage you to get the kids in the kitchen to make these too!
- Box of Nilla Wafers
- Fruit Dip Recipe omit orange zest
- Sixlets Candy
- Mix together fruit dip recipe.
- Put fruit dip into a pastry bag.
- Place a small amount of dip onto flat side of one cookie.
- Place another cookie on top so it appears open like an oyster shell.
- Place a sixlet candy in the center of the open cookies.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Easy Healthy Snack Sliced Apples // Courtney’s Sweets
- Cherry Vanilla Ice Pops // Momma Lew
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Protein Bites // Finding Zest
- Oyster Cookies // We’re Parents
- Alphabet Kids Snacks A is for Ant // Eating Richly
- Cinnamon Sugar Waffle Sticks // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Lavender White Chocolate Scones // Vegging at the Shore
- Real Fruit Healthy Slushies // O’Boy! Organic
- Kid Sized Chocolate Nutella Milkshakes // My Mini Adventurer