Peanut butter for our family is one of those “deadly food sins”. We’re all obsessed! So sense my frustration for the past 5-ish months when I haven’t been able to consume ANY nuts because it was making the baby extremely colicky. Fast forward to the last week or so, and it seems like her virgin gut is starting to be able to handle it much better. Imagine my joy and happiness that I could crack open the peanut butter jar with Skibbles and dig in with her. I know that we had to make something to celebrate and being that November is National Peanut Butter Month, there’s really no other excuse needed. I came up with these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies and trust me, you MUST make these. The sooner the better really.
Of course, we had out mini chef in the kitchen with us for this one. We actually made these a family affair and it was super fun for all of us. Like with our other Mini Chef Mondays posts, this is a huge opportunity to build fine motor skills and explore sensory play. Skibbles loved rubbing the cookie dough on her hands and watching and it rolled into a ball as she did it. She also thought it was extremely hilarious that if she put her hand into the dry ingredients that her handprint was left behind.
Of course, her favorite part was being able to eat some of the batter. We don’t let her have much, but we do let her enjoy some of the same fun memories that we remember growing up — how can we not, LOOK AT THAT FACE!
These cookies are actually extremely easy. We used our triple chocolate chip cookie recipe and then chilled the dough and froze dollops of peanut butter to place inside. Rolled them back into balls and baked until perfection oozed out of them. It’s really important that you freeze the peanut butter. If you don’t, it will just melt into the cookies and won’t ooze out like you see in our photos.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (NOT MELTED)
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Organic Sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Cacao Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter we use this one
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree F.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 teaspoons worth of peanut butter onto a baking sheet until you have 24 dollops of peanut butter. Place in freezer until ready to use (let set for at least an hour).
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt and set to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the softened butter with the white and brown sugar until well combined. Add vanilla and combine. Then add eggs, one at a time, and mix until everything is combined well.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture making sure to get all the flour combined together.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll 2-3in balls of dough and the flatten with your hand. Place a dollop of frozen peanut butter inside and then fold edges back up and around the peanut butter, sealing any edges.
- Place each ball onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-12 minutes depending on your oven.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Inside Out Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Cake Batter Christmas Cookies // Momma Lew
- Cherry Banana Yogurt Smoothie // Baby Loving Mama
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies // We’re Parents
- French Toast Muffins // Frugal Novice
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Recipe // Eating Richly
- Simple Pumpkin Hummus with Pita Chips // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Baked Apple Pie Bites // Step Stool Chef
- Pumpkin Granola // Vegging at the Shore
- Apple French Toast Casserole // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Apple Pie // O’Boy! Organic
- Snicker Doodle Cookies // Can’t Google Everything