Next I chopped a cup of mixed peppers.
Shred half a block of Cracker Barrel Jalapeno Cheese.
Spray a medium sized skillet with cooking spray on medium high heat and add the shredded pork and peppers. Cook for 10 minutes
In a separate pan on medium, spray with cooking spray and one by one toast 4 shells.
Reduce heat to medium low. Add salsa, water, and seasoning. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
On each shell, add sour cream (optional)
One-fourth of the meat mixture,
One-fourth of the cheese plus a tablespoon taco blend cheese.
Wrap up and serve!
We had Spanish rice w/ours 🙂
- 4 whole wheat taco shells
- 1lb pork tenderloin, shredded
- 1 cup chopped mixed peppers (I used red, yellow, and green)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (you could use fajita seasoning, I just didn't have any on hand)
- 1/2 block Cracker Barrel Jalapeno cheese
- 4 tablespoons taco blend cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Over medium high heat, spray a medium sized skillet with cooking spray. Add shredded tenderloin and chopped peppers. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime, heat another skillet, spray cooking spray, and brown the 4 taco shells on each side. Then to meat mixture add seasoning, water, and salsa, reduce heat to medium low and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until all water has evaporated.
- On each shell, spread sour cream if desired. Place one fourth of the meat mixture on top. Then add one-fourth of the jalapeno cheese and one tablespoon taco blend cheese to each shell.
- Wrap up and serve. Enjoy.