These pancakes are actually extremely easy to make even though they are completely from scratch.
1 1/2 Cups Organic Strawberries, tops cut off, sliced thinly
1/2 tablespoon organic sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 1/4 cups Organic All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (organic/grass fed preferred)
2 egg whites
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 organic sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake
Homemade Whipping Topping – Get recipe HERE
Mix ingredients for strawberry topping together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use (at least one hour).
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Place oven safe dish inside to hold finished pancakes.
In a large bowl combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix lightly to combine. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, add the 2 eggs whites. Beat with a whisk until stiff peaks form (5-7 minutes). Add the buttermilk and coconut oil to the mixture and stir just until almost well combined. Add in the stiff egg whites and fold into mixture. Do Not over mix in egg whites. Add in chopped cheesecake.
Heat a medium skillet with some coconut oil over medium low heat. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of pancake batter at a time to your skillet. Wait until bubbles begin to form, then flip. Cook another 2-3 minutes and remove to warmed plate in oven. Repeat until you have no more pancake batter left. Eat and enjoy.
- These pancakes are very filling. You won’t need to eat as many as you would regular pancakes.
- The cheesecake pieces should be about 1/4 inch big and must be frozen when adding in to batter.
- Don’t have buttermilk? Add one tablespoon of white vinegar to a 1 cup measuring glass. Fill remaining measuring cup with milk. Wait at least time minutes, use as normal.
- Stiff peaks for egg whites should stay up without falling. If you can turn your bowl upside down and the eggs whites move at all, keep whisking.
- Make mayo from the egg yolks that you didn’t use.
- Don’t feel like making egg whites? Just use one whole egg, but note they will not be as fluffy.
- Use a spatula to fold in egg whites carefully. Stop folding when they are mixed. Do not overdue this part.
- The cheesecake weighs the pancakes down. Medium low heat allows the pancakes to have a longer time to stiffen up without burning.
Souffle Bombay – Berry Cheesecake Shooters
What the heck’s a bonbon?- Watermelon, cucumber and strawberry granita with lemon vanilla frozen yogurt
We’re Parents!? – Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes with Homemade Whipped Topping
It’s a Keeper – 10 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes (round up)
Pass the Sushi – Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
Real: The Kitchen and Beyond – Jarlsberg Mushroom Melts + 10 Grilled Cheese Ideas
The Vintage Mom – Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pops + Some More Fresh Ideas!
Giggles, Gobbles, and Gulps- 10 Fun Ways to Drink Your Milk (round up of flavored milk recipes)
Savoring The Good – Banana Pudding Shooters
Mind Over Batter – Strawberries and Cream Icebox Cake
Sugar Dish Me – Healthy Creamy Pasta Salad
Kitchen Conundrum- Rich & Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
The Suburban Soapbox – Chocolate Martini
Marie Matter says
Wish I had this for breakfast!!
these sound delicious!
How I Pinch A Penny says
Real whipped cream makes ALL the difference. LOVE!!!
WOW – That is ALL I have to say. Oh my gosh, these look fabulous! I can not wait to try them!!
You had me at cheesecake but in a pancake?!?! I need this now. Sounds super yummy.
Reesa Lewandowski says
This looks like something super special! YUMMMMMY! <br /><br />I usually substitute milk in recipes that call for water, ie: brownie, cake or muffin mixes!
Cindy Dudas says
WOW! These look delicious! And with homemade whipped cream on top?! Holy moly!
Megan Sutliff says
MMmm! These look so yummy! I like that coconut oil is used!
OH MY GOODNESS. Cheesecake bites IN the PANCAKES??? YUM…..
Lindsey S. says
Im drooling!! They look delectable!
Heather DiaperedKnights says
YUM! We'd all love these here!
Renee Iseson says
This is right up my alley! These look amazing!
Oh.My.Gosh. Cheesecake pieces in a pancake?! I can't even deal with this deliciousness! And you topped it with strawberries, my favorite berry EVER!
Christina @ It's a Keeper says
These look so indulgent and sinful! I know what we're having for breakfast this Sunday!!!
jenn huey says
I love a good yogurt or even cottage cheese at lunch