Mix until well combined. Refrigerate until ready.
Cut a loaf of french bread 2 inches thick (you will need 8 pieces).
In a separate bowl, mix all filling ingredients together until well combined…
But not completely smooth.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a large skillet on medium and spray generously with cooking spray.
Dip each piece into the batter on both sides and place in pan.
Cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove and place in baking dish you are going put into the oven. 4 pieces will be for the bottom and 4 pieces for the top.
Divide the filling equally onto 4 of the pieces of bread.
Top with the remaining 4 pieces of bread. Place in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
Remove and serve with syrup.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon each: ground cinnamon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 packages 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 ripe banana smashed
- 1/8 cup OJ no pulp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 pieces of french bread cut into 2 in pieces
- Berries or Homemade Cool Whip optional
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the batter. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for filling until combined, but not completely smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet (TIP: I try to have a skillet large enough to cook 4 pieces at a time) over medium heat and generously spray with cooking spray.
- Dip each piece of bread, one at a time, into the batter, coating both sides.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and place into baking dish that you will be putting into oven (4 pieces will be on the bottom). Equally divide the filling across 4 of the pieces.
- Top with the remaining 4 pieces. Place into oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Serve with syrup. Berries or homemade whipped topping are options.