Disclosure: We’ve partnered with Quantum Health to bring you this post and giveaway. All thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
It’s Officially Spring!
Longer days of sun, warmer weather, birds chirping, planning day trips, and more. It’s an exciting time for everyone, but especially so if you have young children. Being able to get outdoors with them more is such a fun time as a parent. Their smiling little faces and pure excitement for spending so much time outdoors. It also means that you are more likely to get them to bed easier too from their exhaustion. With so much fun and excitement, you would think Spring would mean sunshine and rainbows all around, but that’s not always the case.
Without fail every year since having kids, within a week or two of the changing seasons, one of them have gotten a spring cold. Even worse this past week, all four of us were sick. There’s nothing like trying to enjoy the outdoors and warmer weather, only to come down with a cold. Our oldest and I had even had ear infections. There’s not much more of a party buster than that.
Within a week though, we were all up and functioning again. In the grand scheme of things, that’s a quick turnaround for four people. Today we’re sharing our tips for bouncing back from a spring cold quickly.
10 Tips for Kicking the Spring Cold Fast
- Take raw honey. Research shows that raw honey has antiviral and antibacterial properties and can soothe a sore throat. Additionally, finding honey within a 5 mile radius to your home can help with seasonal allergies.
- Go to bed early. Studies have shown that sleep deprivation can lead to suppressed immune system function.
- Increase Vitamin C and Vitamin D. Making sure your body is getting proper nutrients may reduce the length of your cold by at least a day, but also people who are consistently getting nutrients are shown to have fewer colds throughout the year.
- Wash your hands frequently. If you’re tired of hearing this old adage, check out the science behind hand-washing.
- Put down the candy. Avoiding sugar is a great way to keep your immune system in fighting shape. Consuming sugar can suppress your immune system for hours after ingestion.
- Take a walk. Not only is this good for your waistline, but exercise provides a myriad of immune benefits, from flushing out bacteria to slowing the release of stress hormones.
- Drink freshly made bone broth. Studies show bone broth boost many benefits including reducing illness time, thin mucous so it expels easier, and many more. If you are vegan, warm liquids like sugar free apple juice or warm teas can also have benefits.
- Use a humidifier. A cool mist humidifier adds moisture to the air which can help break up congestion. Make sure you are cleaning the unit according to direction to avoid mold build up and changing the water daily.
- Stay hydrated. Making sure that you don’t get dehydrated will ensure you heal faster and you don’t add to your cold symptoms. Drinking liquids like beneficial teas and coconut water, can add greater benefits.
- Keep a roll of TheraZinc lozenges handy. These delicious supplements combine elderberry and zinc to keep you feeling your best. They are easy to keep in a purse or backpack, and dissolve quickly in your mouth.
We know that these tips really helped us this past week and we hope they help you too! Head over to Amazon to purchase your TheraZinc lozenges today!
We’d love to make your life even easier by giving you the chance to win a 14-pack of TheraZinc lozenges and a $25 gift card to Amazon. Giveaway is open from 4/13/17 to 4/21/17 at 11:59pm EST. US Residents only, must be 18+ years old. Just enter the giveaway form below! Good luck!