Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeggieSummerGrilling #CollectiveBias
I love when I can throw things on the grill in summertime.
It’s hot y’all. Granted, the rain here recently has cooled things off, I’m reminded on Facebook that just last year the temperature felt like 107 degrees. ONE-HUNDRED-AND-SEVEN. However, I’m getting hot just thinking about it, to tell you the truth. Thankfully, it’s not THAT hot, but it’s still hot. Hot enough that I don’t feel like standing over a stove or even heating up the oven, because that means it’s going to stay hot in our house for awhile. I. DON’T. GOTS. THE. PATIENCE. FOR. ALL. THAT.
So, back to the grill.
These Vegetarian Grilled Pulled Pork Potato Nachos are exactly what you need in your life.
But, wait. URRRCHHHH. Hold up. These aren’t just any Grilled Pulled Pork Potato Nachos. These, my friends are Vegetarian Grilled Pulled Pork Potato Nachos. Sure, if you are trying to use grandma’s famous recipe, do you boo, but please hear me out for just a second on trying them this way. We have been trying to eat less meat, but I’ve always been scared of meat alternatives. However, a few months ago we perfected a black bean burger and since then, I’ve been dedicated to trying other alternatives.
Recently, I was walking through Wal-mart and saw MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork and thought that it would be amazing for an easy dinner of pulled pork nachos. It’s a brand new product and we were excited to give it a try. The inspiration for this particular Vegetarian Grilled Pulled Pork Potato Nachos came from my friend who is currently gluten-free. She’s always looking for ideas and potato nachos are just the trick! As a result, perfection ensued.
The kids LOVED these Vegetarian Grilled Pulled Pork Potato Nachos and thought they were so cool!
While at the store, I had also grabbed MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Chik Patties® and they were so good too! You have to grill it to believe it yourself! Seems like our possibilities are definitely expanding.
Here’s the recipe:
- 8 medium potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp chicken spice rub
- 1 package MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork
- Toppings: Mozzarella Cheese Cheddar Cheese, Guacamole, Plain Greek Yogurt (sub sour cream), green onions, cilantro, salsa, black beans, diced onions, sliced sweet peppers or jalapenos
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice potatoes.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and chicken spice rub until evenly coated.
- Lay in single layer on baking sheets (may have to batch cook depending on your grill).
- Cook for 20-25 minutes (watching the last 5 minute to ensure they don't burn).
- *Tip: Thinly sliced potatoes after cooking time will be mostly crunchy
- Remove from grill.
- Cook MorningStar Farms Veggie Pulled Pork according to directions.
- On a serving tray, layer potatoes, pulled pork, and desired toppings from list above.
- Serve & enjoy!
It's important that all your potato slices are the same size
Lastly, you can head to your local Wal-mart to find these particular products in the store!