1. Make sure you are adding warm water. This is what activates the yeast.
2. Do NOT overwork the dough. Each step should be just enough that you can move to the next one. This is especially important when you are kneading.
3. If you want to make a personal pizza size or very thin crust, you may cut the dough into two equal parts after kneading. You can make two pizzas this way or freeze half for later use.
4. You could technically use the dough after 20 minutes of rising, but it's really ideal to let it sit for at least 45 minutes, up to 2 hours.
5. Don't put a lot of sauce in the center of your dough or it will get soggy.