This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DesignedMega #CollectiveBias
It feels like the kids were just getting out of school, yet here we are already talking about getting them ready to go back. Our kids are living the carefree life of running around outside, swimming, and camps, and we get to start the dreaded back to school planning. While we will start homeschool preschool this fall, which means I don’t have to worry about some of the same things my friends have to worry about with getting their kids’ out the door and to a physical school building, I still have to worry about us staying on task.
I’ve came up with a list of 5 back to school house prep tips to help all parents. Whether you are doing traditional, homeschool, or another schooling option, you should find inspiration here. The most important thing, especially with younger kids, is making sure that they stay on time in the morning. There’s so many moving parts and we need to do everything we can to keep them prepared ahead of time.
- Kid’s Room – Create a shelving space for each day, Monday thru Friday, and set the kid’s clothes out each day to make it super easy. Storage cube bins are perfect to add velcro day labels on each so that the kids know which day to grab stuff out of each. On Sundays, place clothing inside each bin. The bins are big enough to hold not only clothes, but shoes, jacket, hair accessories and anything else needed.
- Kitchen – Snack shelves. Whether you forget to pack snacks in the lunch bag or you just don’t feel like having to prep anything for after school snacks, do yourself a favor and have snack shelves ready for the kids to help themselves. I suggest having a place in the pantry and fridge where you can have snacks ready. Things like cheese and yogurt cups on the fridge shelf and pretzels, trail mix, and crackers are great things to put in the pantry.
- **BONUS – Another tip I always recommend is freezing breakfasts! We’re all tired in the morning and there’s so much to do. Triple your next batch or pancakes, muffins, or waffles, and then freeze the extras to thaw out for breakfasts during the school season.
- Bathroom – STOCK UP! There’s nothing worse then having to run out during the middle of the week because you ran out of something silly like toothpaste. Make sure you have all your bathroom necessities on hand for the entire school year (or the fall semester/spring semester at the very least). This includes enough toothpaste, shampoo/conditioners, hair products, soap, toothbrushes, and toilet paper to stay stocked.
- Quilted Northern® makes it easier with their Ultra Soft & Strong® Mega Rolls so you have even less frequent refills with 4x more sheets with their 4 in 1 mega rolls designed to give you even more. It’s a small update to make with a mega impact on your sanity
- Entryway – Have a designated space for keys, backpack, shoes, purse, etc. so you are never running behind because you can’t find something. Check and make sure these things are there the night before and get your kids in the habit of placing this stuff in the same location every single time they come home so it’s never somewhere else.
- Car – While you might not necessarily think about prepping ahead the car, trust me you need too. Three things that I’ve done to make our lives easier, is adding a trash bag to our car, adding activity book for our toddler, and having snacks/water in the car always. I repurposed an old cereal container into a trash bin which has worked out great for us. The activity book and snacks/water are always important because you never know when you will get stuck in traffic going to and from school, so always having something on hand will save your sanity.
I really hope these back to school house prep tips help you this year. The whole point is doing whatever you can around your house to make sure that you are prepped ahead and not stressing out, running around like a chicken with your head cut off when you were supposed to be out the door 10 minutes ago. Save your sanity, and prep ahead with these back to school house prep tips.
I love that with Target, you can also use their subscription service and save even more time by having your staples, like Quilted Northern®, delivered right to your house. Right now you can add this Target Cartwheel offer to save on your next purchase of Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong Mega Rolls!
Enter for the chance to win a $50 Target Gift Card(TM)!