*Disclosure: We received some of the product(s) discussed in this post free of charge. Thoughts and opinions are 100% ours. Affiliate links may be contained in this post. We receive a small commission for purchases and thank you for helping us continue to run our site.
We try every day to be more and more self-conscious about our purchases, supporting both small businesses, the US economy, as well as the environment. It’s a decision to live this way and we’re happy with it. We’ve decided to include a holiday gift guide for the family that includes 5 Made in the USA gifts and 6 Green or Eco-friendly Gifts, some also made in the USA. We hope this gives you some inspiration yourself. Gifts range from $12-550, so we’ve included a range for everyone.
MADE IN USA, from left to right:
1. Fiestaware 11-Piece Cutlery Set with Block – Beautiful set of 8 knives, a pair of scissors, sharpener, and block featuring high carbon stainless steel with a brushed finish. Dishwasher safe and comes with a 25 year limited warranty.
2. Giant Slinky – Same fun silver color that you remember as a child, but larger than the original, allowing for farther stretching, higher flipping, and still able to walk down steps! Recommended for ages 5+. Retails for $11.99.
3. Vitamix 5200 Series Blender – One of the best blenders on the market and worth the cost. 2 peak horsepower motor, 120 volt, and 11.5 amps. Comes with hide-away safety cord, radial cooling fan, and accelerator tool to help process thick mixtures. Retails for $549.99. Currently on Amazon for $499.99 (price subject to change).
4. Step2 Flip and Doodle Desk with Stool Easel – This is perfect for arts and crafts! It can be an upright easel or fold down into a desktop. Features a magnetic dry-erase board, trays for markers, crayons, and more, cup holder, and comes with a stool. Also has rear storage area for craft supplies, books, and has two large and two small bins. Recommended for ages 2-8. Retails for $77.99. Currently on Amazon for $51.71 (price subject to change).
Green & Eco-friendly Gifts, from left to right:
1. Arbor Collective Snowboard . This street-specific rocker board is for riders who focus in parks and urban jibs. Built from 100% FSC Certified, sustainably produced poplar and recycled steel. Rider weight suggested 120lb-200lb. Retails for $399.99. Currently on sale for $180. (Limited quantities and price subject to change.)
2. Easy Affordable Raw: How to Go Raw on $10 a day. Eating healthier doesn’t have to break the bank. This book helps you get starting with eating more raw foods with things like How to Organize your Kitchen, what ingredients to buy, and more. Common questions about nutrition, protein, and energy are answered, and includes more than 100 recipes. Retails for $24.99 for print. Currently available for $11.99 on Kindle (subject to change).
4. CitiBlocs 200-Pieces Set – Open ended educational toys made from certified renewable forests in New Zealand. 200 pieces of building blocks in natural wood colors. Teaches use of gravity, balance, and imagination. Recommended for ages 3 and up. Retails for $39.99.
5. Motherlove Nurturing Life Gift Box – Babies don’t need much, so give a gift that helps mom and baby! Comes beautifully packaged in a recyclable box with products that are cruelty free, and made in USA. Comes with a T-shirt that is 100% certified organic cotton and sweet shop free. Products include pregnant belly salve, nipple cream, birth & baby oil, sitz bath spray, diaper rash and thrush cream, and a tote bag. Retails for $51.69.