*Disclosure: Affiliate links contained in this post. You purchase like you would normally, but we receive a small commission.
I remember early in my pregnancy, I absolutely wanted to go set up my registry literally weeks after I found out I was prego. I just thought it was so exciting. So we (yes, I dragged Andrew [actually willingly] along) went to Target, registered, and got the scanner to go start adding things. We got to the baby section …and there you stand… faced with literally thousands of choices. I looked at him and said how are we supposed to know what to pick!? Andrew having never been around kids before looked back at me, like, “Seriously, you’re asking me!? You must be crazy.” So there we stood. Finally, we walked up and down the aisle before making what we thought the best choices were. With only 6 weeks left to go, I realized this is a problem that many couples face and decided to put together a list of the Top 10 Must Have Baby Items for any new, expecting parents. This is just a list based on our opinions and your list may differ from ours!
- Car Seat
- Crib/Bassinet –somewhere for the baby to sleep
- Clothes– Onesies, Swaddles, and Bodysuits are easiest for newborns
- Baby Grooming Kit (nail clippers, nasal aspirator, thermometer, brush, medicine dispenser)
- Baby Tub/Non-Toxic Bathing Products
- Stroller/Babywearing Carrier
- Mommy supplies– don’t forget yourself! Nipple cream, breast pads, postpartum spray, nursing bras/tanks
Personally, my other things that you might want to consider having are:
- Breast Pump/Bottles/Formula (we are breastfeeding, so formula may obviously be on your Top 10 list if you are not)
- Changing Table
- Glider/Rocking Chair
- Boppy pillow