Disclosure: We were hosted for this post at Paws Discovery Farm. Thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
Having never been in New Jersey before having kids, there’s so many things to do that I’ve never experienced before. I have a bucket list a mile long of places to take the kids, and Paws Farm was always on that list. It’s never happened though. Luckily, they recently rebranded to Paws Discovery Farm and invited us to their media day opening. From the moment we walked in, I couldn’t believe I never made time to get the girls out there before.
Hint: Stop putting off Paws Discovery Farm and GO!
My initial thoughts were blown away the second we walked in the door. You pull into the parking lot to a small sign with a building that could look like a medical office. But what’s inside will make you want to sign up for a membership that day. Think – you can’t judge a book by it’s cover. You’d have no idea all that lies inside the acres behind those doors.
Here’s our 10 Must Do Things while you are there!
1. Play in the Welcome Center! Get crazy with the Wild Things, make music on the drums, jump in the ball pit and more, all as soon as you walk inside the doors.
2. Try to find a butterfly in the butterfly garden. It was a little too cold for butterflies to be out when we were visiting, but we can’t wait to go back and hopefully spot one ourselves.
3. Play on the outdoor structures! A huge play house, a train, a tractor, a ship, and more gives you endless opportunities for imaginative play!
4. Have a picnic! Paws Discovery Farm doesn’t typically have food for sale, but you are welcome to bring a lunch and enjoy outdoor nature at one of their few dozen picnic tables.
5. Take a hike! Literally, you can take a short hike on their nature trail. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize how cold it was when we went and we weren’t dressed for that. But it just gives us some extra things to look forward too when we go back next time!
6. Explore the turtles, lizards, and more inside the Farmhouse. This area wasn’t ready to open during media day, but it will be open soon!
7. Inside Paws Farm indoor barn. There’s so many fun activities inside the green barn! Learn about cows, play as a veterinarian, a grocery store, slides, trains, and more! Coming soon is an A.C. Moore sponsored craft center too!
8. The Animals! Head into Storybook Barnyard where you can find sheep, goats, swan, chickens, llama and so much more. During busy days, there’s opportunities to go into the petting yard and get even closer to the animals. Call Paws to find out those times.
9. Spot the peacock! We almost missed this guy because she (or maybe he) was hiding out on top of a building. I had no idea it was there so when the peacock got up and started walking, it kind of freaked us out. See if you can spot it!
10. Purchase a gift on your way out! Lots of fun learning toys and games are available for a reasonable price, plus, there’s an an opportunity to donate to the farm by sponsoring a specific animal which I thought was so cool. Lastly, there’s a table of local businesses you can support like a soap maker and a beekeeper with local honey!
We can’t say enough amazing things about our time at Paws Discovery Farm and we didn’t even have a chance to do everything. We definitely plan to head back soon and spend most of the day there!
Paws Discovery Farm is located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. Tickets are $10 per person for anyone over 1 and memberships are available.
Here’s some things that might help with your trip!
Leave a Reply