Father’s Day is right around the corner. Nestle between Memorial Day and Fourth of July, it’s only right that we celebrate dads with some delicious barbecue. It’s funny that when Andrew and I got together, I didn’t even like barbecue sauce at all, but he made me a believer. Now that we have kids, our toddler will lick it off a spoon and we not only make something with BBQ sauce at least once every two weeks throughout the entire year, but we also make our own homemade BBQ sauce.
It’s delicious and sweet and so simple to make, but what’s even better is that it’s easy enough for our toddler to make. She’s been making it for awhile now and she loves that it’s something she can completely do all by her self. Teaching independence while instilling healthy eating habits is so important to our family.
She also loves knowing that she’s making something for daddy, so when I told her we were making these BBQ Pulled Chicken sandwiches for daddy, her eyes just lit up with joy.
Here’s our easy recipe:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- BBQ Sauce
- ciabatta rolls
- gouda cheese slices
- Optional toppings: lettuce tomatoes, onions, sliced avocado
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken breasts and bbq sauce.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
- Remove from crockpot and shred chicken.
- Add the chicken to the rolls and top with additional toppings.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Semi-Homemade Strawberry Yogurt Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakesl // Momma Lew
- Fresh Strawberry Banana Muffinsr // Finding Zest
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches // We’re Parents
- Where Does Beef Come From? Kids Farm Visit // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Grilled Fluffernutter Sandwich // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Four Ingredient Stuffed Mushrooms // Vegging at the Shore
- 5 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chewy Granola Bars // O’Boy! Organic
- 25+ Cute Foods for Kids! // My Mini Adventurer